9. The Cure

Is this a dream? Where am I?

Those were the first questions to come on Alesan's mind. He slowly opened his eyes and waited them to adjust to the darkness.

He was in his room. He closed his eyes again and an image spread across his lids.

An image of red river. Red as hell. Red as blood.

His eyes started blinking rapidly and each time showed a different image.

Blood. Screams of cattle. Screams of humen. Silver hair. Golden eyes. Black hair. Red hair. White smile. Ash. Dark. Ash.

Dark. Ash.

He couldn't stand it anymore. Alesan rolled off his bed and opened his eyes. He hissed on the Sun that was spreading it's rays all over the marble floor.

Dark. Ash.

It was just a dream. He started calming down. But those two words were still ringing in his ears.

He was now sitting on the floor leaning on the wooden bed.

Dark. Ash.

Enough. He got up and walked over to his bathroom. He let the water flow through faucet and splashed it all over his face weting his hair that was now longer, had some kind of short bangs.

He closed the faucet. The flow of the water stopped. The words echoed one more time in his head.

Dark. Ash.

His heartbeat raised and he looked at his image in the mirror. Everything was normal. Wait. Was it?

Alesan got a bit closer to the mirror and looked deep in his eyes that were green as forest. But the problem was that they weren't.

He could clearly see a small golden circle around the pupil of his eye. It was almost shining. He was sure he never had such eyes. What is going on with him?

"Alesan? Are you here?"

Blaise interrupted him. Why didn't he knock? Maybe he didn't hear him.

"I'm here."

Alesan answered. He didn't walk out. He wasn't wearing any clothes. This was a bad habit that he would always develop whenever he had a room for himself.

"Could you please pass me some clothes?"

Alesan asked Blaise.

"Er...sure."

He answered and tossed some clothes to Alesan behind the door. Alesan grabbed them and quickly put them on.

"Were you knocking?"

Alesan asked Blaise when he exited the bathroom, fully dressed.

"Yes. Five times."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you. What are you doing here?"

Blaise looked Alesan and sighed. He frowned. Well, he had that frown on his face. He was angry.

"Alesan, please tell me what do you think you are doing?"

Blaise asked him. Alesan seemed confused.

"What are you talking about."

"Oh, please stop. Bluffing won't help you now."

"I didn't even start, because I don't know what are you talking about."

Blaise started nervously walking around. And then he shouted.

"About you and Lucrezia."

"What about us?"

Alesan started bluffing. Blaise's blue gaze was ice cold. And his frown was never deeper.