25. Blood of the Ancient

"He's awake!"

No'El's voice echoed through a cold room. Footsteps were heard. It was Sybille.

"Already?!"

She gasped at the sight of Alesan who slowly opened his eyes. He felt a numb pain in his now completely healed neck. As if it was never broken.

"W-What happened?"

He asked when he tried to sit, feeling a bit dizzy. No'El patted his shoulder, encouraging him to sit a bit longer.

"You've just came from the dead."

No'El sighed. Sybille gave him a sharp look, knowing that leaving Alesan so clueless is not good. It wasn't good from the beginning.

"Alesan, before we tell you anything, you have to trust us. Only us, No'El and me. Because friends you once knew are now your enemies."

Alesan nodded, still rather confused, but some kind of gut feeling was telling him to trust them.

"Unfortunately, we don't have time. You must trust us. Soon, someone will come in and they will want to take you. Alesan, if you allow them that, you will be lost forever. This, who you are now, this is not real you. I know that you don't remember anything but everything will be clear as soon as we reach the chalice filled with Blood of the Ancient."

"Wait, Blood of the Ancient? This is ancient vampire power! What does it have to do with me?"

Alesan interrupted Sybille. She closed her eyes for a second, calming herself and him. No'El grabbed Alesan's shoulder firmly.

"You have to trust us, Alesan. Please. For your own sake. And for Mina."

At No'El's mention of this name, Alesan's heart started beating faster and unfamiliar feeling filled his ribcage. It was a beautiful feeling, mixture of pride and love.

"Why do I feel like I know that name?"

Alesan whispered.

"Because you do. You just don't remember. The chalice will grant you ability to restore your memories."

Sybille said, encouraging him to trust them. Alesan nodded.

"How did you get the chalice? It is in possession of castle Volkihar as far as I know."

He asked eventually.

"Helval brought it here. He was a vampire thrall from castle Volkihar. Mina sent him."

At that moment, No'El quickly got up and grabbed his two-handed sword. Sybille stood closer to Alesan as all three of them now focused onto the door on the other side of the room. No'El turned his head slighlty to them.

"They are coming."

◇◇◇

Blaise watched the depserate gaze on Lady Mina's face as she helplessly watched her comrades die because of her mindless mistake.

However, his triumph didn't last for long. He turned on his heels when he heard Lucrezia's voice calling him.

"What is it?"

He hissed at golden-haired woman who was furiously gazing around, unable to catch breath.

"Alesan. Helval killed him."

Blaise's eyes widened and every hair on his body was electrecuted.

"What?!"