30. Silver Morning

Clan Volkihar has won and Dawnguard fell back. Once again, vampires showed their domination and fierce. However, the loss was too great. It was a hollow victory.

Vampires gathered around Alesan who stood next to the corpse of his beloved Sylvianne, watching her skin which was now completely white. Amber eyes will remain closed forever, lungs will never inhale again, hands will never touch again.

After this moment of silence when every vampire knelt before their dead Lady, Alesan picked up her lifeless body and took her back home, to castle Volkihar.

By the time he showed up in the main hall with Slyvianne's corpse his hands were coated in her blood and eyes dry from crying out all the tears he possessed. He thought he could no longer take this, but then he heard soft footsteps which belonged to his daughter and his whole world crashed into millions of pieces as he realised this will shatter Mina.

"Father?"

She stepped in front of him and looked at her dead mother, daring not to move because this might only be a nightmare. It cannot be real.

"I am sorry, my Lord, I couldn't stop her."

Behind her came Lopt and apologised to Alesan, but when he saw who he held in his arms, he quickly grabbed Mina and hugged her limp body.

"Oh, what doom has fallen onto us, the curse of Molag Bal the Unfair!"

He yelped and tried to hide his agony of the loss. The girl he knew since her young age, who he raised and who became like a daughter to him was no longer with them.

Alesan passed by them and brought Slyvianne to the chapel, leaving her body at the altar to Molag Bal. The ceremony will be held in couple of days and her soul my rest in Oblivion. Once more, Alesan touched Sylvianne's soft hand and kissed it gently as if being afraid to wake her from her eternal sleep.

"My darling wife, my beloved Sylvianne, I promise you here today that no matter what, Dawnguard will suffer and I will exterminate them. The vampire race shall rule as it was promised by our Lord, Molag Bal. I will lead vampires into victory and avenge your soul so you can rest in peace until the day comes I shall see you."

◇◇◇

After Sylvianne's death, nothing was the same. Alesan became a ruler of the castle and started recruiting vampires, slowly creating an army. Lot of vampires didn't like this idea because he recruited whoever he could, not bothering who these people were. They were all just minions to him. The cruel ruling of his has been felt, the drasstic change slapped the vampires who had to obey, but could not believe this was the man Sylvianne loved.

Mina and Alesan grew more distant every day and his daughter had a tendency to wander off, away from the castle. First time he found out about her little trip, he taught her a lesson by making her spend an entire day on the Sun which has weakened her to the point of passing out. She didn't obey him and continued her straying. The glass of her soul was slowly getting shattered and crushed.

Soon, Alesan grew the lust for power and he found the perfect one - Blood of the Ancient that would provide extraordinary wisdom to a vampire. He seeked it out and brought it to the castle, making vampires drink it in order to grow powerful and prepared for the war against Dawnguard.

However, whilst he was preparing for the fight he neglected the promise he gave to Sylvianne. And that has very soon come back to him.

"My Lord, Mina has escaped again."

Lopt came into Alesan's room and interrupted him in his war planning. The amount of anger and irritation that formed inside Alesan was unmeasurable. He turned to face his steward.