Chapter 47 - Long lost friend

Matthew pov.

The engagement of Nikolai and Alesandra had reached to Matthew's knowledge and even to Kelsey. They were not surprised by the turn of events. They both know that the two were in love. And it was because of them that they were together and glad that it happened.

Kelsey is happy knowing that Alesandra is no longer interested in Matthew, she thought back to that very night when Alesandra caught them.  And still anxious about Matthews, emotions towards Alesandra. Although they were been together with their own children she is still yet, felt uneasy when Alesandra's name is mentioned.

But when she heard and confirmed that indeed, Alesandra and Nikolai will get married soon, she let go of her inhibitions. And when Matthew asked her to come along to travel to New York, she declined the offer. They were both peaceful and happy with their own private lives. She's happy taking care of their 12 months old and  5 months old daughters.

When Matthew urged Kelsey to consider keeping him company, she turned him down and didn't want to go back to New York. She decided to just stay in Australia and take care of their children. It was not her priority at the moment. 

When Matthew raises a question about her inhibition she didn't have any urges to explain it to him.

I'm sorry darling, as much as I want to be with you, but I think this is not the right time to see them both. But I'm not closing my door to be friends with them someday soon.

"Baby, I'm sorry but I'm not yet ready to face them. I can't right now." She didn't deny the fact that she's still afraid to see them for many reasons.

"Okay, I think I will not insist on you about it. But I hope that soon we all gonna see them. "

"I know sweetie, but not right now. And enjoy your trip to New York. Say hi to everyone there from me, okay..?"

"Alright. I will."

Matthew is mentally preparing himself to face Nikolai. However, he didn't know what to expect of the outcome of his visitation to Nikolai. What he knows is that he wanted to talk to his friends and explain everything.

New York...

An unexpected visit from an unexpected friend, Matthew Petterson. He came back from his long stay in Asia-Pacific. He became successful with his business. Manages his luxury hotels and casinos he has been traveling around Asia and the Pacific. He and Kelsey got married with two kids now. They are living in Australia with his main office.

Their family business in New York is managed by his younger brother, Chase Petterson. A billionaire of his own and being visible to the media lately because he's going out with well-known celebrities and models.

Matthew is a childhood friend of Nikolai. They both live in the same neighborhood but separated when Matthew decided to study in London. Nikolai stayed in the US and studied at Harvard instead. And the rest is history. 

They had the most wonderful childhood memories, all those simple days that seemed to go on forever.

All those memories were a staple of my childhood, with Nikolai. How I wish I could return to those meadows, among the trees which had been planted time long past and I yearn for the extra hours of those, where we frolicked about the vast plains of the open country. I used to remember how we bullied kids in our neighborhood in the countryside. And we used to ride horses in our stables. We also had our fair share of heartaches when we were young then. We had a big fight when we both had a crush on one particular girl in our school. We didn't see each other for a long time and finally overcome it when we both learned that she dated a football player in our school. We ended up dumped by the same girl.