Chapter 5 - Crying my heart out

Alesandra p.o.v.

Touch down the Maldives. My paradise. One of my favorite places on earth. It's nice to be back here. Thanks to Cate she did this for me. My brain is rejoicing also. yey! yey!!

We were billeted at the receiving pavilion. At the pavilion, staff members and butlers welcome guests when the seaplane lands. The place to relax while waiting for boat transfer to your villas. This is where the check-in process is done. But in our case, we always use our VIP pass. At the lounge, we were greeted by the resort Manager and a bouquet of red roses my favorite. Five of the best luxurious resort here is my Dad's business partners. Today, I had the privilege to use my VIP pass. Because I'm so tired of avoiding the whole paparazzi thing.

No paparazzi. No hiding. No technologies. No work. I get the feel of being normal and carefree. No worries of what so ever.

This is my Me time -Our time with Cate. But we're not here really to enjoy I feel sad and frighten.

The lounge was exclusively for us only. They knew who I am and they didn't bother to ask for my picture. There's even a spa room on the site. The staff were friendly and offer us drinks and snacks. We were transported to the sea fort and a speedboat pick us up to transfer us to our private villa. Situated in the middle of the resort. It is the biggest and luxurious villas here.

Up ahead we saw the imposing structure of the villa. This is by far the most luxurious and magnificent resort in the Maldives. A serene place to relax. It a mind-blowing with the beauty of it that will surely knock you off your feet.

The resort is located in the Maldives' most stunning lagoon on its private island. The waters of the lagoon have the most vibrant shades of blue. The lagoon offers uninterrupted Indian ocean views. The resort is best described as an understated luxury surrounded by unspoiled beaches and a secluded lagoon.

The design, the decor of each villa, and the layout of the resort are astonishingly breathtaking. The crystal clear lagoon is a feast in the eye. Every villa has its own private pool. It features a master suite, a master en-suite bathroom then another large bedroom, bathroom, a walk-in closet, and a seating area, dining room, and a connected kitchen at the side. This villa is where we always stay if we're in the Maldives. This is exclusively for us also.

Arriving at our villa, we saw that our suitcases have been here waiting for us to unpack. A welcome bowl of fresh fruits and a cold bottle of my favorite Moêt & Chandon champagne. And a big box of Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Pampering beyond expectations. This is my Paradise. I just wish they were here...

A deep soaking bathtub is what I need. A bathtub to ensure relaxation. My body aches for a massage to relieve my tension.

I totally forget about my problem and I saw Cate smiling. She knows I love it here. This is where we usually go for our summer break in college. This place is memorable for me when I run away from my very first heartache in college. We always end up here whenever there's trouble in Paradise.

"Let's take a sip on the champagne Cate and sit by the pool." I took off my shoes, my sunglasses, and went out barefoot. Walking on the rustic feel on the floor.

Reminiscing the old days with my parents. I used to play in the pool while Dad is watching me and taking my pictures. He didn't like to swim rather he likes me and my mom swimming. Watching us and enjoying the scenery.

Oh,' Papa...I got misty-eyed again... Why Papa, why do you want to suffer alone and keep it from me. I'm no longer a child. Why didn't you tell me early on? I should stay with you and take care of everything. I can't-do this Papa. I'd rather die than see you suffering. Mom is hurting also. But she needs to put up a brave face in front of you. Why do you need to keep it a secret that you have a stage four COLON CANCER? By keeping it from me, I'm scared Papa. It's not yet the end of the world. We can still fight it and find a specialist for you. Why do you need to suffer alone? I'm a grown-up woman and I can take care of you and Mom.