Chapter 45 - Close encounter

Nikolai pov...

After his drinking session with Steffan and Luis, he went home almost dawn. Nikolai drops off Luis at his apartment and went straight to his penthouse, where Alesandra is waiting.

Nikolai felt happy seeing his best buddies today. But he knew that somehow he betrayed Alesandra by giving in to their betting games about Catalina.

When he unlocked the door, he saw Alesandra sleeping on the couch. He knew that she's been waiting for him to come home.

Oh, baby. I know you will kill me if you learned that we had a betting game with your friend, Catalina. It all started on me, baby. I'm sorry. But I'm not gonna admit it come from heaven or hell. I'll keep my mouth shut about it. Just don't kill me. I don't want to be your shooting board. Ouch!!

He walked to Alesandra. Lean over and tucked a stray of hair covering her face. Kiss her forehead and kissing her lips to wake her up.

"Baby I'm here. I'm home. Sorry to keep you waiting." Nikolai scoping her off on the couch surprising her with his action.

Alesandra stirred from her sleep and slowly opening her eyes. Seeing Nikolai hovering around her face. She touches his face and.

"Hey. It's okay I won't mind it, waiting for my soon-to-be husband. Hmmm." Kissing him to his lips and holding on to his neck and after putting her head to his chest.

Nikolai smile at her gestures and kissing her forehead. Carrying upstairs to their room.

He laid her down gently to their bed and tucking her in. Pulling up the duvet.

Alesandra looked at him quizzically. And asked him...

"What got into you? Somethings wrong Nikolai?"

"Oh'..why did you asked?" He looked at her and made a small chuckle.

"It's kinda' weird of what you're doing baby."

He smiled at her. "Nothing is wrong. I just missed you today. That's all is wrong."

"Okay. How's your day today?"

Following her eyes on Nikolai walking to his closet and getting off his pants. Pulling out a shirt. She smelled his breath with alcohol and she knows he went out today early with Luis.

Although Nikolai called her earlier to let her know about his plan to unwind a little with Luis.

"Everything is great today and happy to see one of my buddies back in college with Luis, baby."

"Wait. Who is your buddy? You mean, your friend from Italy? He's here in New York? Really?!"

"Wait. Why are you getting excited about my friend?" He spins back and narrowed his eyes on her. Arms crossed on his chest.

"Yes, I am. I will finally meet him and Catalina will meet him too!! This is really exciting baby."

"Why? What do you mean exciting?" His voice getting annoyed. It shows in his facial expression.

"Oh' don't get jealous of him. It's all about Catalina you know.."

She throws the duvet off of her and gets up from the bed. Sitting on the side of the bed with her eyes on him. Following every inch of Nikolai watching his expression and she sighs.

"What? Do you want to say something? Spit it out.."

"Hahaha!! What would I say?"

"I know you, baby, you're always curious about something.." her blank look told him everything he wanted to know.