Chapter 15 - Dinner with the Bolinski's

Romanov p.o.v

Earlier in the mansion...

Everyone is busy in the house. His wife kept checking on the oven, she's baking and ask their staff to set up all their china's utensils silverware for the dinner tonight. The flowers arrived. Champagne was ordered earlier for the dinner. And their staff were setting up the silverware on the long table. They hired an Italian chef to cook for their dinner tonight. It was known that Alesandra likes Italian cuisine. They were preparing the most sumptuous Italian cuisine for Alesandra and Greek cuisine as well for her husband.

They have caviars and baked oysters also for their daughter, Karmen. She just came home from her school break from London. She was adamant about their visitor, Alesandra Renaulthe.

They were on their way to the mansion. Nikolai is driving down the road very quiet. As the car engine running to the New York city roads, gazing straight ahead, only half-aware of a world outside the claustrophobic comfort of the car, Nikolai's hands stroking the wheel, almost soundless changing of the gears. Alesandra was sitting in the front passenger seat with so much soft leather around her that she could barely hear the sound of the engine running.

Observing his movements, a sigh escapes to her lips. They both quiet and maybe thinking of what just happened. She was worried about what to say and what to do. Awkward moment for both of them. She wants to touch him and run her fingers through his hair. But thought against it, she forces them into submission. She adores the subtle tilt of his head when he turns onto the road. From time to time he looked at her in a deep mood. Feeling a chill, she rubbed her arms. Rubbing her arms together, Nikolai saw it and he held her left hand while steadying the other hand on the steering wheel.

They reach their destination as they were rounding up the asphalt driveway. The driveway was grandiose, sweeping into a wide circle in front of the dwelling with an ornate fountain in the center. With a wrought iron gate, sweeping into the wide, curved, gravel yard.
The house is the perfect depiction of the man who built this for his family and to impress anyone who will come across to be invited in this large house. A testament that whoever lives here is wealthy beyond doubt. It was a large elegant house, a mansion, ornate in its architecture and splendid in it's the perfectly manicured lawn.

But this mansion is a status symbol, it is set above the rest of the neighborhood. It will take a small army of servants to upkeep such a large house like this.

The interior of the house is focused around a large central hallway. As you enter through the front door on the facade, you pass into a grand hallway. The hallway flows into a large, wide staircase that provides the main means of attention from the entertainment area of the house to the private rooms on the second floor.

Upon their arrival at the mansion, they were immediately ushered into the lounging area

Upon their arrival at the mansion, they were immediately ushered into the lounging area. They were seated in the lounge when two servants appeared carrying a tray of elegant glasses of wine. There's a handful of oily hors d'oeuvres also. They were little shrimps, fried to a crisp offered before dinner. There were also two plates of ravioli. It was for the appetizers while waiting for the host to join them.