Chapter 7 - Me time in my Paradise

Alesandra P.O.V

Alesandra woke up shedding herself from the sun's rays pouring into her room. Sunlight shines through her window and sleep drags her back, the bed is warm. She doesn't want to get up.

"Why is it so bright.? " Argh! she forgot to close the curtains last night.

She mumbles over. Were her eyes still shut and shoving her face into the warmth of her blanket. Until a new thought can penetrate her mind, never before had she woken up with so much content.

I felt giddy after I had a heart to heart talk with Cate last night. And decided that we need to forget our situation for five days, only. Just chill out, have fun, and frolic in the sun. Cata needs to have her tan.

Waking up on the brink of her sleep, her thoughts are not functioning well as she was jolted by a loud ringing of her phone.

Aaarrgh.!! I forgot to turn it on silent mode. Who the hell is calling!!

She picks up her phone without looking at the screen. And immediately sit up on the edge of her bed.

French

"Hello." A familiar voice.
" Hi darling, how are you.?"
" Papa,!! Commént allez - vous papa.
" Commént vas-to papa?"
" je fais bien mon coeur."
" ou est Maman.?
" Elle est la Avec Moi."
" comment est - Elle.?"
" Elle est grande."
" j'ai entendu que tu etais en vacances.?"
" oui Papa, était ici en Maldives pendant cinq jours seulement."
" oh, bon pour intrendeça. Quand rentres tu à la Maison? "
" Je serai la çe Papa de weekend. si votri voyage d' affaires, Papa.?"
" merveilleux mon Cheri."
" d' accord alor, je te veirai bientot Papa."
" d' accord, prenez soin de mon Cheri. n'oubliez pas que c'est l'anniversaire de votre Maman."
" oui Papa, Je t'aime."
" Je veins de verifier ma fille."
" okay Papa.prends soin de toi. tu me manques, Papa. "
" Okay sweetheart. I love you too. Take care. I'll see you soon. Give my love to Catalina. Bye."
" Bye Dad. I love you.".. then he hangs up.

Translation:

"Hello.
"Hi, darling. How are you.?
"Hi, Papa !!. I'm good. How are you?
"I'm doing great sweetheart.
"Where is Maman.? How is she.?
"She's with me. She's great. I heard you were on vacation.?
"Yes, Papa. We're here in the Maldives for five days only.
"When are you coming home.?
"I'll be home this weekend Papa. How was your business trip?
"Wonderful my dear.
"Wow' good to hear that. Okay then Papa, I'll see you soon.
"Okay, take care darling. Don't forget it's your Maman's birthday. Just checking on my daughter.
"Yes, Papa. I love you. I miss you."
"Okay, darling. I'll see you soon. Bye. Give my love to Catalina.
"Yes Papa, I will. Bye."

He seems fine to me. He sounds happy and excited. Hmmm.. and he keeps reminding me of the nth times for Maman's birthday party. We'll maybe his business trip done well to them. I heard they close another deal. And another merger to a new business venture with Papa. How is he gonna do that when He knows he's sick and he doesn't know that Maman has told me.

Oh' Papa, please don't stress out yourself. We don't need another company for you to be involved with. The businesses that we have are enough for you, for us to last a lifetime.

I'm gonna talk to you Papa and this should stop. You need to take care of yourself and stop pretending you're in good health.

Knock. Knock. Catalina is outside her door.

"Sandie are you up.? May I come in? I'm starving. Can we go now to the dining hall.?"

Peeking out her head in my door.

"Yes. Come in."

"Hey gorgeous, good morning. You look happy. Am I missing something? Wanna share."

"Yeah. A little bit excited. I got a call from Papa. He sounds happy too. A little bit odd. Excited to see me again, I guess. He knows we're here. I guess he must have called Alice. And he says he loves you too."

"Thanks. I miss them too. I love them also. You guys are good people. Keep that in mind Sandie. I owe you everything."

Alexandra rolled her eyes and smiled at her.

"Hey. Can we stop this drama for once? I hate it when we talk like this. Let's forget everything. Let's go grab our breakfast and go swimming.!! Remember you need to have your tan.. hahaha.!! Gosh, it feels great. "

I was lying on the back. Enjoying the sun. Taking advantage of having my tan. And Cata is reading her book. It's like we were the only person on the island. I can't see anyone. I just saw a couple of guests at the dining hall earlier during our breakfast. But I saw someone hiding their camera in their bag and snapping a picture right across me. I don't mind them as long as they will not come near me.

Next time I will hire a personal bodyguard to avoid these inconveniences causing by this paparazzi. I need my privacy guys.

I look out the horizon. What a lovely day. The sea waves are gentle that roll up the beach like an overflowing bathtub. From them comes the salty smell and the waves lap in a steady rhythm. I can taste the salty air. Ahh.. this is paradise. Just pure nature.

I got up and look up, the sun's rays peacefully float resting on the warm waters. Few trees give us a touch of shade to sit beneath them. My ears invite in the whisper of waves. So quiet and so serene.

Walking along the island, I saw Cata watching me and holding her book, sipping her piñacolada. I was scanning the beach, I check to see if anyone out there, I see no one.

I quickly dash into the water and swim toward the sea. I love the feel of the water and swim out to where it's deep. I stop and lay back, letting my limbs think for me. The water is so refreshing allowing it to take all of my worries away. I stretch out my arms, open my palms, and release all my tension. Staring at the sky. Over the horizon meeting blue sky and blue ocean. I closed my eyes and let my mind wanders.

Things will be different when I come home.

I walked back to the coastline and traces back my footprints I left and waves rolled in. Erasing it. We relax by soaking in the basks of the sun. We plan to have a massage later in our villa. We Swim. Snorkle in the island. Sunbathing and getting burnt. And we enjoy our vacay for once. It might take a while before I get back here. But I need to have my tan just like Cata always reminds me.

A smile crosses my lips, a faint curve to my lips.

This is a sign of bliss.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

*** Don't forget to vote. Follow me. 👍👍👍

Have a great week guys!! Love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below 👇👇👇

****PLEASE VOTE BY CLICKING THE STAR AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN !!! yey!!!

Thank you all lovelies and gents' for reading my story. Enjoy!!

Love Y'all!!
G 💖💐 xoxo