Chapter 41 - Diego

Diego pov...

There was a distinct resemblance between Diego and Alesandra if you really look at them. Diego knows that Alesandra is his biological daughter.

He spent his life in prison for 15 years but because of his good demeanor, he was granted an earlier dismissal. And his wife never visited him in prison.

Alejandro was looking for him and he asked his men to monitor Diego about his imprisonment but when they heard about it, his men help him and set up a meeting with Alejandro and talked about their daughter.

They both come up with a nice agreement and Alejandro explained everything to him that had happened to Alesandra. Everything was laid out to him according to Alejandro's knowledge but he said that Alesandra never talked about her difficulties and struggles when she was a child during those times that she was left behind by his wife.

Alejandro even told him that his men tried to encourage his wife to take Alesandra into her custody but his wife didn't do anything. That was the time he adopted Alesandra.

When he learned everything, he was furious and wanted to kill his wife and her son. It has become his life goal to find them.

Alejandro encourages him to look after his daughter by being her personal driver/bodyguard and whatever happens never leave her side. Alejandro told him about an attempt to kidnapped Alesandra many times but always failed to do so because of his own bodyguards watching Alesandra all the time.

Diego will have access to Alesandra by being her personal driver.

When Diego was in prison he always gazes and kissed the picture of his daughter, Samantha. The little girl that always brighten his days and constantly giving him hope that soon he will get to see her again. He had that small picture of her and always kept it in his wallet.

It took only one incident that Alesandra saw it and discover it in his room. He had it posted in his bathroom mirror in his bedroom in one of the servants' quarters in the Mansionnè.

House staff, maids, and bodyguards are all provided for by the Renaulthè.

Although Alesandra never went to any of the servant's quarters, she was there because she needed to see Catalina. She was worried about her friend because on that day Catalina skipped school. Alesandra went into his room knocking, but when no one's answered the door, she came in looking for him to drive her to Catalina's house. She went inside his room and saw her baby picture. Shocked and disbelieving but she knew also that she was adopted and when she met Diego, she felt different and the way he treated her.

She had a hunch but brush it off. And she never asks her Papá and Mamań. But when she saw it, she knew right away that it was her in that picture and remember everything. She was relieved that she know Diego is her biological father. And Diego caught her looking at it and tears running on her cheeks.

He was standing behind her, looking at her afraid to say a word, then in that instant, they embraced and come to an understanding to keep it from anyone else about their discovery. But Diego first apologizes to her and ask for her forgiveness but explained everything to her.

She just listened and never questioned him. She felt contented and overjoyed that her father is with her all the time and her heart burst in happiness.

That was the start of their relationship and Diego is always there for Alesandra and also to her only friend, Catalina. He never allowed anyone to hurt his little girl even kids who bullied them in school. They become close and sometimes, Alesandra talks to him telling him things he only needs to know and help her sometimes.