Chapter 36 - Unexpected Visitor (P.2)

They even blackmailed me for my past.!! They were asking for money and have the guts to show their faces here, right here in my office...!!

Alesandra is restless in her office. Her thoughts are preoccupied with what might happen tonight. She didn't try to keep herself busy and couldn't sit still. She was killing her time in the office waiting for Diego to call her back. She kept checking on her phone willing it to ring.

Chris had told her he was ready and will wait for her at the lobby anytime she wanted to go. He too is waiting also for Diego to call him back.

"Yes. Ms. Renaulthè, I'll let you know once Diego called."

"Thank you, Chris. Did you get the one I asked you to pick up for me?"

"Yes. It's done. It's in the car."

"Okay good. Did you bring your gun also?"

She hears nothing. There is silence on Chris's end as if he was having a hard time deciding. "I ah... do I need it?"

"Yes, you need it, Chris. We don't know yet what will happen tonight."

"Okay, Ms. Renaulthe. I will don't worry."

"Alright. Thanks, Chris."

"You're welcome Ms. Renaulthè."
After cutting off the call, Chris is wondering why she asks him to pick up such a big amount of money and why he has to bring his gun.

Who are these people why does she need to asked me to pick up $2,000,000 for them, in her personal account?

They both hang up and ended their conversation. Her phone ring again. She inspected the caller ID it was Diego. She picks it up and was excited to hear his news.

Diego told her that they were ready and sent to Chris their exact location. She was told that he got them and few men helped him to secure an area and everyone are waiting for them also.

She confirmed that they will be heading out soon.

But before leaving, Alesandra called Nikolai to tell him she will be late. She needs to come up with something. It's ringing he picks up right away.

"Hi, baby. I miss you. Still, in the office, do you want me to pick you up?"

"Hi. I miss you too. No baby, you don't have to. I'm okay."

"But it's late. I believe that we do have an understanding of this right. I thought I made this clear that you are supposed to be home by 6 pm."

"Babe, I know. But something came up. I need to tell you that I can't go home early tonight. I won't belong."

"What..? Whose with you?"

"Hey... Diego and Chris are with me. I'm a big girl now. I just need to see my designer.. you know for my wedding dress you know. I need to see a couple of designs to choose the baby." She emphasizes the word designer and her dress.

"But babe, you can do that tomorrow or any other day right.?"

"Okay fine.. but we don't want my wedding dress to be just ordinary right? And the press and media will go crazy about it right.. I'm choosing between Michael Peters and Monique Schultz baby..these people are quite busy too. And I just got an appointment with one of them tonight.."