Chapter 3 - The First Time

Alesandra P.O.V

She's battling her own demons and she messed up. She got shocking news about her Papa. She needs someone to talk to. All she can think of is her best friend, Catalina.

Holding her phone. She's having a second thought about calling Cata.

Her brain says..oh' never mind. Dialed her number. It's ringing. Waiting to hear her voice at the other end...finally, I heard her voice. For the first time in her life, she found herself alone...

Catalina picks up her phone right away "Hello.."

"Cata, are you busy.? Can you come over and see me in my office now.?" as she speaks her voice is hoarse.

Hesitation on Catalina's part. She heard her sighing. Alesandra thought here we go again...

I don't need your advice, Cata. I need someone who would listen to me. I'm not in the mood to argue with you today, please. Give me a break Cate... I just need your company. I need to get away from all this. I hope you will feel that. I don't want Papa to know what's happening to me. I can't handle any more pressures...I'm not good at lying and Papa knows if I'm hiding something. I'm not goodlier.

Catalina speaks up

Catalina speaks up. "Yes, Sandie. What can do I for you.?.. You finally remember that you have a friend huh'."

Here we go. My brain says, count.

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...

Count 1.2.3.4.5...

"Cata, I do always remember you were my friend. And you know for a fact that sometimes I need to be alone ... can we just skip your ranting. You're not my mom, remember. And mom is not like that. Can you just come over to my office? I hate it when you act like a bratty kid." Alesandra's voice is showing exasperation on the other line.

Catalina is nervous but probing her friend to speak up, "Sandie, I am not acting bratty. And I know I'm not your mom. But I know you well. " rolling her eyes.

Catalina thought that she needs to knock Sandie's head off so she would listen to what she's saying. She's my friend and like a sister to me. I just wish I know what's going on in her mind. Lately, she's been very quiet. I can't talk to her. Good thing she came out from her shell. I need to know why she's quiet. She's not like this. I hate it when she shut me out.

"Hello, Sandie still there.? You still want me to go there. You want to talk...?? I'm all ears."

Catalina can hear that she's crying. Her sobs were stifled at first and then.

"Yeah, I'll wait for you here. And can you bring me my fave latte.? I badly need it."

"Okay Sandie, sure. No problem. Is that all you need.?? Did you have your lunch.? Do you want me to order it for you as well? " she's been very quiet.