Chapter 8 - Coming home

Alesandra P.O.V.

Home sweet home. This is where my heart is. I love coming home.

Diego picked her up at the airport and headed home. While on their way, Alesandra couldn't help but feel nervous about Diego. She wants to ask something about her mischievous last week in her office.

Diego can sense it and he's been watching her in the rear mirror. She keeps fidgeting on her seat at the back. Looking at him.

"How are you Diego.?" ask Alesandra.

"I'm doing great Miss Alesandra. Thank you for asking." he was looking at her in the rear mirror.

"Have you seen the mess I made at the office?" she was a little bit shy and blushing.

"Yes, it's okay. No harm was done." he just nods.

"Don't tell it to Papa, please. He will just worry about something okay." A trace of worries can hear in her voice.

"Yes ma'am." and he smiled at her.

"Thank you, Diego." He saw him tipped his hat and smiling at her.

Then silence fell on the car. She was just scrolling her phone and checking her email. She looks out at the window. Waiting to be home.

They were approaching the Chateau. Rounding up the curve, she saw the Chateau but she calls it home.

Upon entering the iron gate, she reminiscing the old days when she was a kid. She saw her favorite place, the fountain in the middle of the driveway. She used to play here every day waiting for her Papa to come home. She remembers running wild on the lawn whenever she hears her Papa's car approaching in the driveway. He allowed his driver to honk his car upon reaching the gate to let her know he arrived home. He always had a gift for her. But she gets easily mad when she didn't ask for it.

Growing up in this home is heaven. Papa always treats me I'm his princess. And Maman is our Queen. He showered us with gifts every day. The most expensive ones are those gifts when he travels. Returning home, I still remember everything about this place. The familiar feel of the house, warm and inviting.

Stepping out in the car, I saw Papa right away. Standing in the arched way entrance both hands in his back. He's grinning at me. Maman at his side. I missed them both. It's nice to be home. Papa may be grinning and happy but he looked old and tired. And his eyes, something in there. I know that look. His mouth paints a soft smile and nods at me. He winks. His face has a certain softness even when things go wrong.

She broke into a run towards them. Arms wide open. She feels like a kid again. Shouting!! She can always act like a kid to her parents.

"Papa!! Maman!!" she hugged them both.

Papa gave me a bear hug and lift me circling her like he always does when he comes home.

I missed them so much. Kissing them both. We were standing in the entryway. Hugging each other. I take in the emotions that swirl inside of me and my eyes are filled with tears. I bury my face in his chest to feel warm and safe. Not a care in the world for how long we stayed like that... Finally letting out a quiet sob, as I shake my head and looked at them both, wondering how am I gonna live without my most loving and wonderful parents in the world. I always knew the answer, I can't live without them.

My life would be empty. I love my parents. Papa will always be the only man I could ever admire. Not in a million years.

 Not in a million years