Chapter 40 - Morning sickness

Nikolai sent to everyone about the wonderful news. He is feeling on cloud nine. He always smiles and giddy and he was over the moon. No one can dampen his spirit to this day.

Diego was surprised also that he got a call from Nikolai. He is overjoyed and kept smiling and thrilled to see Alesandra and Alejandro again.

Alejandro and Estella heard the wonderful news about Alesandra's pregnancy, they're happiness was written all over their face. There's a warm glow on Alejandro's face. His happiness gives and his smile is a ray of sunshine like a light turning on in a dark room and warm the very soul.

Nikolai took advantage of the situation and thought about it before he will have to talk to Alejandro. He intended to go back to New York, while Alesandra is allowed to travel and he feels the necessity to take care of his company also. He wants to finalize everything and prepare. He needs to have a business talk with his father before he will take a long leave of absence and they go back again to Paris for their wedding preparation.

Alesandra knew his plan and he recommended that she can stay but refused his decision. She has an itch to go back also and see Catalina before she will be busy with all the wedding preparations in Paris. She wants Catalina also to help her and needs her to come to Paris. By all means, she must help her and she's her best friend and maid of honor.

Everything is resolved then. Alejandro is now getting his treatment and medication in the Mansionnè with the supervision of two private nurses they hired.

Nikolai and Alesandra allowed staying in New York for two months only. But Alejandro and Estella will come with them also. Alejandro is strong enough to travel and he says that he had a business to do also in New York.

New York City...

Alesandra is lying in their bed. She can't get up. Nausea swirled unrestrained her empty stomach.

Alesandra wanted to kill whoever had termed it "morning sickness". She felt like she had the most terrible hangover all the time. She was nauseous and liable to vomit at the slightest provocation. She couldn't even fill up her car with petrol without making her wretch and heave before she could even get into the car and waited to subside the smell of the fumes.

It's always an everyday routine for Diego to wait for an hour to ebb the smell inside the car before they go out and drive her around.

And it lasted all damn day. How could anything so natural feel so bad? It was worse than gastric flu, at least with the flu, you knew it would be over in a few days. This could go on for another five months.

No one warned her it could last for five months. It was like constant flu. Twice already she'd been in the hospital hooked up to a drip for rehydration, but apparently, that was more common in twin pregnancies. Her stomach doesn't show yet and it's very common for a first-time expectant mother. Her face had become gaunt, robbed of her usually rosy glow. She despised eating and mostly survived on water and crackers.

The doctor told her not to worry, the babies would take what they need.

Nikolai's perfume or even his aftershave cologne didn't do any justice to me as well. It made me feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. I always heaved and run to the bathroom. When I can no longer take it, I throw away all his perfume. And I banned him from using any of it.

Everyone around her was forbidden from using any perfume or cologne or aftershave, no one is exempted even her bodyguards.

Nikolai didn't object and was just happy about everything. If Alesandra decided to drop by in his office, she will inform Nikolai about it to avoid smelling perfume. Employees are prevented also to spray or use perfume on their office floor.