Chapter 29 - Vanish into thin air

Leaving in Paris with a heavy heart...

Alesandra is leaving Paris with a heavy heart. She knows that she will miss her parents. But seeing them happy for her, she knew they will be fine. They have their own bodyguards. And she promised that she will call them every day. She also knew about her Papa's next treatment and promise to come back soon.

Alejandro insisted also that Chris and Diego will fly with her going back to New York. They were his eyes and ears for Alesandra and with them around, he will not have to worry about her safety.

Upon his insistence also they will fly with Alesandra's private plane. Her father arranged everything. Alesandra cannot do anything about it and she does not want to go against his wishes. But she'd rather fly in a commercial plane and be alone. She knew his father always worry about her safety.

They reached New York City the next day late in the afternoon. She asks them to drop her off at Nikolai's place.

She has her own key and this gives her the chance to surprise Nikolai.

Opening the door, she was the one who gets the surprise.. red petals of roses are littered all over the floor and with candle lights. She followed the rose petals going outside to the pool area.

There she saw Nikolai standing to hold a bouquet for her. Her eyes glistened with tears and happiness. She looks around and the pool area is with petals and candles floating. With a table set up for two with wine on it. She walks towards Nikolai and he hugged her tight never letting her go again.

"Hi, baby. This is for you. I missed you so much." He cups her face and kissed her deep into her mouth. He deepened the kiss as if his life depended on it. He then pulls apart and kisses her cheek. Guiding her in her chair. And he sits opposite her. A chef is standing by and a waiter.

It is awesome. They will have their dinner by candlelight. Nikolai never ceases to amaze her. He always makes it perfect even without any occasion.

A small kitchen was set up outside also and the Chef started to prepare their dinner. The waiter serves their wine.

After a while, their food is served and it is delicious. The aroma is wafting through her nostrils and she likes it. Nikolai asks to prepare Italian cuisine for her because it was actually her favorite.

From the appetizer to the main course and dessert it was perfect. They were having dinner above the City of New York. In the background, they can hear a piano classic of Somewhere in Time music instrumental played by John Barry. It was also Alesandra's classical favorite.

After dinner, Nikolai holds her hand and guides her into the view deck, and looks around them seeing the lights of the whole Manhattan area. Holding their glass of wine-sipping under the starry night. The sights and sounds of New York at night always amazes them.

Nikolai hugging her by his side, kissing her head. Smelling her perfume...

Alesandra, without you I am like a tree stuck forever in winter, shivering under a blanket of frost. My world is cold and empty of life once had. Without you, my world goes by like a bad movie playing over and over again. I don't wanna lose you. I love you more than life itself.

"This is really one for the road, Nikolai. Thank you for taking the time to spent a wonderful night with me. I love you to the moon and back." She smiles a heartfelt smile to him.

"Your welcome baby. I love you more than life itself." And they kissed the night away...

The very next morning. Alesandra didn't tell Nikolai that she wants to visit him at work. It was a surprise for him.