Chapter 2 - Nikolai Bolinski

A year earlier...

Nikolai arrives on time in his office and had an early conversation with Sophie. They were both bantering with each other.

I hear a beep sound on the intercom...

"Good morning Nikolai. How was your sleep last night.?"

"Good morning Sophie. I'm good. Thank you."

"Good to hear that. By the way, your 10 am appointment is here. I ushered them to the conference room. I also printed all necessary documents needed for your presentation and gave everyone their own copies. Everyone is waiting for you good luck."

I can hear Sophie's voice is excited and much lighter at the other end.

"Thank you, Sophie. Please tell them I'll be there in a minute. I really appreciate everything you did. What am I gonna do without you, hmm.. tell me.?"

"Well, like what I'm asking you, just give me a week-long vacation! That's what I need to get away from you. Hahaha.!! "

"Sophie, you knew pretty well that I can't-do that. I can't handle all this mess without you. What would I do then.? Tsk.tsk.tsk. Ask anything but not that. I will miss you, you know."

"Well, it's gonna be your fault that I might end up a spinster. The clock is ticking Nikolai, you knew full well."

"Okay. Okay, I know. I'll think about it. By the way, I'm looking for my daily paper where is it? I can't find it here. Have you forgotten to pick up a copy for me.? "

"Oh' I'm sorry. I did not. It's just that I kept it for a while since I know you'll have an early meeting and it might take you an hour to put it down. I know you miss her. Huh'. But they need you in the conference room. You have a meeting. I can give it back to you after your presentation, Nikolai. End of story. You need to get your fat ass down there lover boy.? Ha ha ha.!! "

"Sophie, you are really a badass. You know that."

"I know I am, Nikolai. Oh,' and by the way, she's on the front page cover again. Looking hot darling. You better hurry then, so I can give it to you. Close the deal Niko, and I'll make you drool..hurry up.!! Hahahaha!!"

"Oh' my Lord. You really are bad Sophie. Wait 'til I get to hold on you. You will regret it. Hahaha.!! Okay, I'm going, and please send my favorite coffee latte. Thanks."

"Your very much welcome Niko. Break a leg boy. Hahaha.! And by the way, Matthew call and he asked if you're free later to meet him the usual place. Would you like me to call him back.?"

"No thanks. I'll do that after our meeting. Thanks, Sophie."

"Welcome and good luck with your presentation."

What am I gonna do without you, Sophie? You really don't know how wonderful you are and I really appreciate everything you did. It's been three years since I hired you. You are very lively and easy to work with. Very smart. You knew me well.

I don't want to disappoint her, but I need time to find someone who will take her place temporarily. She's getting married soon. I need to find a temporary assistant to fill in her position. This situation is really getting on my nerves. I don't want to train another employee, it will take much of my time. Maybe I can ask my HR department to take care of this. But I don't want to let go, Sophie, she's really smart and knows what she's doing. An amazing girl to add up. How lucky is Joshua, her fianceé? I do hope he will take care of Sophie. If not I'll wring his neck and break every bone in his body. I swear to God.!