Summer Days *Epilogue*

'It's the end of the summer. It's the end of it all.

Those days are gone, it's over now, we're moving on.

It's the end of the summer, but we'll see it all again.

So hold onto this moment till then,

It's the end of the summer.'

From the outside looking in it seemed like everything did go back to normal.

But the truth was, everything had changed.

Sephiroth, Rufus, Loz and Kadaj were arrested by USPC and were waiting in a jailhouse to be put on trial individually. Kairi and Namine were found shortly after all that had happened. They were both treated for minor injuries and Kairi had been reverted back to her normal state physically.

She explained that Xemnas had offered her something she could use to get revenge on you which was the prototype heartless serum he used on the others. Unfortunately the one he gave her wasn't a right mix and caused severe side effects.

Now Kairi was back to normal, mostly normal at least. She seemed to actually like you now and almost stuck to you like glue which was quite frightening at times.

As for all the others, they had changed too. Everyone who had to use one of Lauren's second batch of antidotes had lost their memory because she hadn't put in the other chemical. Turns out that Tifa was just lucky she hadn't lost her memories. The last thing they remembered was the day you almost got hit by the trolley. Some were different though, like some could remember more and others less.

[BOC] was plenty happy about that though because he was currently allowed to hang out with you whenever he wanted without having to beat somebody away with a stick.

Unfortunately for him and you both though was that slowly but surely the memories were coming back to them.

Maybe it was because of all the tension of that day but it had taken you almost two days after defeating Xemnas to realize your Gazing ability had disappeared again.

Lauren assured you they would come back but after talking to Marlene that last time you weren't so sure. Speaking of Marlene, you were so confused. Were you supposed to tell Cloud, Ven, and Roxas you didn't think their mother and sister were dead or just keep it to yourself?

What if you told them and ended up being wrong?

On another note you had finally gotten your cast checked out. Turns out it wasn't as bad as originally thought to be. Hanna replaced the make-shift cast with a real one before her, Melanie, Gabriel, Jacob, and Stephanie had to leave. They all signed your cast before leaving though.

Melanie and Jacob just wrote simple things like 'Hope you get better' while Gabe wrote 'Try not to get into too much trouble' and Stephanie just drew her signature smiley face. They all let you know that if you needed help that you knew who to call.

Lauren had moved back to Hollow Bastion and with her was Big C. She signed back up for her old career as the Senior English Teacher and was accepted eagerly by the new principal who used to be the vice principal.

Lauren and Big C had decided to move in together though and wanted a new place so Lauren had graciously given her old townhouse to you. Which now made you neighbors to the red headed twins Axel and Reno and made it so Sora and Leon were just down the street.

Cloud, Ven, Roxas, and Tifa were sad to see you go but understood completely. Besides they knew they'd see you all the time anyways.

Cloud and Tifa were once again on the rocks. Although this time they weren't yelling or arguing with each other like they normally did. They were just...distant. As if they didn't even care anymore. The biggest relief to you was that no one, none of your friends, even seemed to care that you knew them from a video game. Sure at first they were kind of wary but after some time they let it become history.

Like Big C had said, why dwell on the past?

You thought that since everything had ended it'd all start slowing down, but it only seemed to pick up speed. You took in a sigh as you thought over your entire summer, how it all seemed to fly by so quickly.

The sun was slowly going down. Your hand was intertwined with [BOC]'s on this warm summer night. You could tell it wouldn't last long though. The warm summer nights were growing shorter and shorter.

The summer had reached it's climatic end finally.

Fall was on it's way.