Summer Days *45*

"The antidote?!" You exclaimed as everyone stood staring at the clear light blue liquid.

"Yeah Lauren here spent the entire time she was here working on 'em and all she has to show for it is four lousy vials." Big C complained.

"They take some time to make sure but think of it this way, these are basically four people's lives restored!" Lauren shot back at him smiling.

"How did you make them?" Tifa asked curiously.

"You'd never guess", She winked playfully and stood cradling the vials carefully, "Heartless venom."

"Wait a minute did you just say-", Ven began.

"Heartless Venom??" Cloud finished.

"Yeah, that's why Tifa wasn't affected because she still had the traces of venom in her blood system." Lauren smiled at Tifa.

"Why is it such a nice color?" Ven asked, everyone stared at him.

"What type of question is that?" Cloud shook his head.

"What? I was always taught that Heartless venom was super black, and you wouldn't believe how much I'd love to go tell Vexen he was dead wrong." Ven explained.

Lauren giggled, "Well Ven I'm sorry to say Vexen isn't wrong. Heartless venom is black but this venom has been cleansed of all the impurities to it's purest form, a clear color."

"But it's blue." You pointed out.

She nodded, "I added an extra chemical that induces memories because I read a study that Heartless venom may effect the part of your brain that stores memories but I guess it was a waste of time considering Tifa seems fine."

Big C shook his head smiling adoringly at Lauren, "Better safe then sorry."

She smiled at him.

Myra glanced between everyone, "I'm really confused."

"It's a loooong story so don't even worry about it." Big C told her.

"Well can't we talk inside? Big C might be comfortable but my fingers are about to fall off." Ven shivered.

"Sure let me just-", Lauren turned to rebury the vials when the sound of a portal opening made everyone freeze and whip around.

They caught sight of the black portal opening and four tall figures walk out.

'Oh no...', you thought.

There stood not only Sephiroth in all his evil glory but also Leon, Cid, and Auron.

"Well well Lauren Bea. I see you have adapted quite well to this strange world." Sephiroth smiled at her.

Big C slide over so his bulky body covered her completely.

"And who do you think you are?" Sephiroth asked him.

"Your worst nightmare." Big C growled.

Sephiroth chuckled and with a flick of his wrist Leon, Auron, and Cid pulled out their weapons and got ready. The yellow ring around their pupils shone brightly compared to the dull lifeless color their once bright eyes were.

"We can't fight them." Cloud whispered.

"They're our friends Lauren." Tifa added to his statement sadly.

"I meant we can't fight them because we have absolutely no weapons and they're packing." Cloud replied.

Tifa briefly shot him a dirty look but returned her attention to her controlled friends.