Summer Days *47*

You stared at Big C as he gulped down his ninth bowl of soup.

"What?" He questioned filling up a tenth.

"You eat more than Ven." You told him.

He shrugged, "I'm a big guy besides I need the extra energy to produce more fire."

"Right. Well can you explain that to me now?" You asked him setting down your bowl.

He sighed and nodded, "Ok ok fine."

He set the bowl to his mouth and began to chug it down.

You rolled your eyes and looked away. In the corner of your eye you saw Leon, Cloud, and Melanie putting on coats by the front door.

Melanie had changed from her tight spandex outfit to a somewhat looser one. She wore military styled pants that were tucked into her black combat boots and a tight black long sleeved shirt, her shirt resembled a sport under armor shirt and they were tucked into her pants. She wore a coat over it unzipped.

They opened the door that Tifa and Myra were able to stick back to the door hinges and stepped out into the cold.

"Ok so- hey pay attention I'm only gonna say this once." Big C snapped his fingers in front of your face.

You turned and faced him.

"You know what cells are right?" He asked.

You looked at him skeptically.

"Just checking. Sheesh. Ok normal body cells all burn sugar for energy, this you probably know. When a cell burns sugar they burn it at a certain amount over a long period of time storing most of it. The reason they don't burn the sugar quickly or at a large amount is because when sugar burns it creates heat."

He lit his fingers and let the blue flame dance at his fingers tips before quickly putting it out.

"My body cells can burn sugar at an abnormal rate. To create a fire all my cells located at my hands and arms or wherever I'm trying to light up burn the sugar they have stored up. When all the sugar is gone not only can I not create fire but I also can't do simple things like move, once I get more energy though I'm alright. But if I create a large amount of fire at once it could kill me. I'd catch fire and burn from the inside out."

Your jaw dropped, "No way."

"Way." He mocked you with a grin.

"I never knew it was that complicated!" You replied.

He nodded, "What I am isn't some sort of superpower [Name]. It's not like Gazing, Traveling, or anything else. It's more like a disease."

"Is that why you eat so much?!"

He laughed, "Yes. That is why I eat so much."

"Don't let him fool you [Name]. He just likes my cooking is all." Lauren joked.

Big C rolled his eyes at her, "Yeah sure that's it."

She smiled.

"Aren't you a Traveler too Cody?" You asked him.

He nodded skeptically, "Sorta but not like you or Little L. I can only travel to and from certain places. For me to travel to a new place would take months of preparation and study."

"For real?" You said in shock.

Lauren and him nodded. The door slammed open and hit the wall making it crash to the floor again. Cid and Auron who were taking a nap startled awake.

"Er sorry." Melanie said picking up the door and leaning it against the wall.

"We have a problem." Cloud declared stepping in with Leon.