Summer Days *23*

edited by Steelergirl

COMMENT & VOTE

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Thank you for coming! Hope you enjoyed your visit!" Larxene said escorting the last few of the customers out of the restaurant. After they exited Larxene sighed, "Finally! Wrap it up, start cleaning up everyone!" She called out.

You dragged your feet to the kitchen, not even bothering to stop at the locker room to change. You walked up to the kitchen where the large sink was filled with dirty dishes. You let out a cry of frustration.

"You coming to Seventh Heaven?" Axel asked snaking an arm around your waist. "Why?" You asked leaning into him, exhausted from your long crazy day.

"Cause I wanna see your beautiful face there. Got it memorized? Besides we all decided to go there today to chill." He said smirking.

You sighed, "I can't I gotta wash the dishes."

He frowned and looked at the sink and grimaced, "Need some help?"

You thought about it but shook your head, "Nah, you go have fun." Axel was going to protest but you stopped him. "Just go. I'll take care of it."

He protested some but you eventually pushed him out of the kitchen. You turned back to the pile of dishes.

"[Name]?" you turned back around to see Yazoo back in his normal clothes.

"Oh hey Yazoo." You replied turning on the water on the sink.

"Need help?" He asked.

You smiled and shook your head, "No it's ok. You go have fun at Seventh Heaven."

He chuckled and rolled up his sleeves walking over to you and rinsing off the few dishes you covered in soap and put them in the drying rack. "I’m not going there tonight." He replied. Before you could ask why he said, "My brothers and I are visiting our uncle tonight. You may know him."

You nudged him, "Go then. I don't want you to be late! Who is it anyways?"

He smiled at you, "I don't mind. Sephiroth won't mind either."

You almost dropped your dish, "Sephiroth is your uncle!?"

He chuckled, "Do I not resemble him? Most people say I do."

The rest of the hour was better then you expected. You and Yazoo washed all the dishes and talked the entire time cracking jokes now and then. But as you were washing off the last cup, ice cold water splashed on you. Yazoo and you both laughed, 'at least I'm the one in a bathing suit' you thought. "Thanks for helping me Yazoo." You said.

"No problem. You should probably dry off." He said. Your board shorts were damp.

You giggled, "Yeah, see you Yazoo."

You waved as Yazoo left and began to walk out but paused at the door when you heard a noise. "Hello?" You asked looking around the room.

"[Name]..." You turned around and saw Namine. Her eyes were red as if she was crying and had a long dark green jacket over her white dress holding her arm. "I'm so sorry I-" But before she could mutter another word someone grabbed your ponytail and pulled you back. You landed on your butt in the large freezer in the kitchen. You sat up and saw a flash of red before they slammed the freezer door shut. You jumped up and tried to push and pry the door open to no avail, you were stuck. That's when you first felt the numbing cold. It washed over you like a wave, your thighs burnt from the cold coming from your damp shorts. "Help!!" You screamed. No one could hear you. You banged on the doors as hard as you could until your hands began to throb and turn numb. You sat down and curled into a ball. Your teeth clattered and you were shaking violently. You could faintly feel tears running down your numb face. Time passed and seconds felt like hours. You were so numb you weren't even shaking anymore when the door was thrown off its hinges and light flooded in, cutting into the cold darkness. Someone ran in and grabbed you dragging you out. You were barely conscious when you felt blankets being wrapped around you. Then extreme warmth surrounded you and you leaned in closer to the source. Feeling in your fingers and toes returned and your blurred vision began to clear. The faint buzzes you were heard were replaced with words and voices. "[Name]?! [Name]!?" You tried to focus; you felt a pinch on your arm and suddenly things started to snap back into reality.