Summer Days *44*

"Where is he?" Ven groaned sitting in the backseat of Myra's car next to Tifa. You sat in the front with Myra.
"So we're going to drive to this Alaska place?" Tifa questioned. Myra began to laugh.
"Please! That would take days. We're gonna travel." She shrugged her shoulders like it was nothing.
"Then why are we in a car?" You asked.
She smiled slyly, "Some Travelers have a specialty. Some can follow other traveler's through past portals, some can travel with others", she motioned towards you, "But I can travel like this. If it has four wheels and an engine I can make it travel, and whatever happens to be in the vehicle just so happens to come along."
"That is so cool!" You gushed.
"Finally!" Ven yelled making everyone turn to look at Cloud who was walking towards the car WITH his shoes on.
He opened the car door and slid in besides Tifa.
"Hey how'd you get your shoes back?" You asked Cloud.
Cloud shook his head, "Let's just say I can be pretty persuasive. Can we leave now though? If that guy didn't call cops before he will now."
Myra nodded and shook her head, "Yupp hang on tight!"
Myra put the car into drive and started to accelerate, the car sped up till it was nearing 50 mph and that was still in the motel parking lot. The car sped forward until it was about to cross into the main street traffic when everything blinked black.
It was just like you were normally traveling and the only thing that really fazed you was when the car flew head first into a snow pile.
Your head jerked forward and snapped back.
Myra laughed and undid her seat belt, "Everyone ok?"
"Oh my gosh I think I'm gonna be sick." Ven groaned and jumped out of the car into the crisp cold air. Everyone climbed out behind him, Cloud and Tifa groaned as Ven remained leaning against the car.
Myra went to the back and pulled out some thick jackets.
"Here I figured you guys might need these." Myra passed out the jackets that you, Cloud, Ven, and Tifa happily put on.
"How did you do that?" Cloud asked shivering.
"You weren't in the car when she explained so it's your loss now get us out of the cold Myra." Ven nearly yelled.
"Alright, I think it's this way." Myra said walking ahead.
"When she says think, she better mean know." Ven muttered.

All of you walked through the freezing cold Alaska morning, in nearly shin deep snow.
"Are we there yet?!" Ven groaned.
"Almost...I think." Myra muttered still plowing through the thick cold snow.
"I'm really starting to hate those two words." Ven said then mocked her under his breath, "I think."
"How long has it been? My legs are numb." Cloud said through clattering teeth.
"I think I see smoke!" Tifa exclaimed pointing in the distance.
A little ways away smoke was billowing up into the crystal blue sky.
"Let's go!" You said.
After another five minutes of rushing through the woods and snow everyone came unto a cozy sized wooden and brick cabin.
"Is this is?" Cloud asked.
"I don't care, smoke means fire and fire means thawing off my frozen legs." Ven said rushing towards the brightly painted yellow door. He knocked rapidly on the door.
An older woman with graying hair and brilliant hazel eyes opened the door, a smile lit up her aged face.
"Can I help you- Wah!" She nearly fell over as Ven rushed into the warm house.
"Oh my gosh I am so sorry ma'm." Cloud madly apologized, he punched Ven in the arm after helping her steady herself.
"Well then young man that was rude." She brushed herself off.
"What was rude is the fact you didn't let us in sooner-", Tifa covered his mouth with both her hands.
"We're sorry ma'm it's just really cold outside." Tifa said.
She nodded, "Of course you all must be freezing."
She shut the door and ushered everyone by the fire, she walked away and minutes later she came back with steaming bowls of soup.
She gave them to everyone then took the tray back to the kitchen glaring at Ven.
Ven looked at his soup and at the others, "I think she spit in my soup."
Cloud whacked him upside the head while still eating his soup.
The old lady came back smiling and sat in a rocking chair in the corner.
"Well now I'm Mrs. Milandra Martin but everyone just calls me Millie for short. You children are?" She asked kindly.
"I'm [Name]. This is Myra, Cloud, Tifa, and Ven." You spoke since everyone else was gulping down the soup, even Ven who thought she spat in it.
"Now what brings you children down here?"
"We're looking for somebody." Ven said setting down his empty bowl.
"Do you know a BumbleB1?" Myra questioned then added, "Are you BumbleB1?!"
Millie shook her head, "I don't know who you are talking about, I'm sorry."
At that time the front door swung open. A lady stood there with brown bags in each arm, she wore a dark pink snow jacket, white skinny jeans with brown snow boots that went to about mid shin. On her head was a brown snow cap and wrapped around her face was a dark pink scarf. Through the skin you could see she looked tan and those light brown eyes they looked...almost like...
"What are you doing here?" She pulled off her scarf.
"Ms. Bea!?" Cloud, Tifa, Ven, and you yelled.
She smiled a warm smile shutting the door, setting down the bags and pulling off her hat letting all her brown curls fall to her shoulders.
"Do you know them Lauren?" Millie asked standing.
Ms. Bea nodded, "Yes I do don't worry."
Millie smiled and grabbed the bags heading to the kitchen, Ms. Bea sat down by the fire near you.
She smiled at you, "So did you ever get that essay done [Name]?"
You nodded, "Yes ma'm."
She waved you off, "No need to be so formal. We're not at school."
"We thought you were dead Ms. Bea." Cloud said with Tifa nodding.
"I thought I was too. Sephiroth came into my house in the middle of the night talking nonsense and how he was suppose to kill me, but he said he could NEVER kill someone like me. I think he was trying to hit on me which is really gross and horrible timing on his part", You and the others couldn't help but laugh along with her sunny outgoing personality, "But anyways Sephiroth is a Traveler! So he opened a portal and sent me right on through to this world! I wandered around in the cold snow until I stumbled upon Millie's house and I've been here ever since."
She glanced over at Myra and smiled, "Hi, I don't think we've met! I'm Ms. Bea, but just call me Lauren. That goes for all of you."
She pointed at everyone.
"Are you BumbleB1?" She asked.
Lauren looked surprised, "Why yes I am! How do you know?"
Myra jumped up, "Oh wow I admire you so so much! I'm Myra but you know me as dead2perfection! I'm the vehicle traveler!"
Lauren's face lit up, "Really now? I was wondering when you'd come visit me!"
"Ms. Bea", She shook her head at you, "Er- Lauren, how do you know so much about Gazer's and Travelers? And on top of that you were right about everything!"
She smiled at you, "Well truthfully, I am a Gazer so I knew you were one the moment I saw you. But don't worry about anything else right now, follow me."
Lauren led you back into a back room that held a bed, a dresser a desk and what looked like a mini fridge in the corner. On the desk was a computer, she turned it on and sat down in the seat. Cloud, you, Ven, Myra, and Tifa all sat on the bed.
While she waited for the computer to start she turned to all of you.
"So give me the 411?"
"Xemnas, Rufus and Sephiroth went insane. They have control over Heartless and right now they got all our friends brainwashed." Ven sighed.
She nodded, "I already knew most of that. Tifa didn't you get the shot? You should be like your friends."
Tifa nodded, "Yes i did but for some reason it didn't work on me."
Tifa lifted her sleeve to look at the shot wound but all that was left was a little dot where the needle entered her body.
"Have you ever been attacked by darkness Tifa?" Lauren asked, fully serious.
"Does heartless count?"
Lauren nodded, "Yes they are the main ones. Have you?"
"Yes right before he took control I was attacked by a heartless. Why?"
Lauren smiled, "This is great! It means the serum will work!"
She turned without further explanation and worked on her computer.
While typing she asked, "None of you brought weapons? I figured you of all people would Cloud."
Cloud chuckled, "No, after [Name] traveled us here our weapons just didn't come."
She paused and turned around, "[Name] you group traveled?"
You nodded.
"Yeah and she did it with an electric ankle brace on too!" Myra added.
Lauren seemed impressed.
"That's extremely good. When she traveled she was more focused on you guys then each individual weapon so that's probably why your weapons didn't come with you."
She spin back around and continued to type.
"He'll be here in a few minutes." She stood and waved for everyone to follow her again.
"We have to go outside so grab your coats." She put the hat on Myra's head and gave you her scarf. She then pulled off her gloves and gave them to Tifa.
Ven muttered under his breath as everyone entered the cold air again. She led everyone a few yards away from the house and got to her knees. She began to dig through the snow.
"Here." Tifa pulled the gloves off but Lauren waved her off saying she was fine.
The familiar sound of someone traveling greeted your ears. Everyone's attention snapped to a man who now stood only a few feet away.
"Hey Little L." He grinned.
"Hey Big C." Lauren answered still digging.
The man was tall probably nearing 6'5. He had shaggy dirty blonde hair and hazel/green eyes, his face was clean cut and he was extremely muscled. Probably a little bigger then Angeal.
Right now he wore only a white T-Shirt and jeans but he looked fine.
"Nice to see you guys again." He nodded at all of you.
"Don't get mad and like crush me, but we've never seen you before dude." Ven stated.
He laughed a deep laugh, "I've seen all of you before. Except her." He pointed to Myra.
"I sent Cody to check on the situation in Hollow Bastion. He's like my spy." Lauren said.
"Call me Big C." He nodded his greeting.
"Cloud."
"Tifa."
"Ven."
"Myra."
"I'm [Name]." You finished.
He nodded, "It's nice to finally meet you guys."
"Dude aren't you cold?" Ven asked randomly.
He laughed again, "Nah little man I have control over fire. I'm fine."
Ven just nodded with a forced grin, "Nice.. Not only could you rip me in half with your bare hands you could burn me too."
Big C grinned at him, "Guess that means you shouldn't get on my bad side."
"Got it!" Lauren cheered pulling put a black box.
She turned and opened it revealing 4 clear tubes of a light blue liquid.
"What is that?" Cloud asked.
Lauren smiled, "This, is the antidote for your friends."