Summer Days *37*

You had another dream last night. The ones where you see Marlene. You didn't see her last night, it was just you in the white room. You could hear her whisper sometimes but other then that you were completely and utterly alone.
You had woken up that morning yourself.
Ven didn't try to kiss you.
Roxas didn't come in begging you to cook.
Cloud didn't come and wake you.
Cloud....
You bit your lip fighting back another wave of tears. You quickly got out of bed and went to the bathroom where you stripped off your clothes and stepped into the shower.
The hot water relaxed your muscles.
Too bad it couldn't quiet your ever wandering mind.
A trolley?
It was as if Xemnas was hitting you in the face with a sign that read, 'I'm evil, cunning, and am out to destroy everything near you.'
You knew it had to be him. Every single clue you had screamed his name.
But why?
Why did he kill...
You still couldn't wrap your mind around the fact that he was gone. You didn't want to. After washing you stepped out and got ready.
You walked out into the hallway, ready to endure through the day, when a wave of nausea washed over you. You griped the wall besides beside you.

'Open your mind [Name]... Think...'

An image entered your mind. Yesterday, Roxas, the article. The shots. It had to do with the shots. Cloud never got one so...Xemnas killed him?
Did that mean everyone who got one would die too?
But what point would that have?
But what if...just what if... Cloud wasn't dead?

You ran downstairs, everyone was still there even Axel, Reno, and Terra were back. Everyone you saw were still sleeping. The only people you didn't see was Cid, Auron, Roxas, Ven, Zack, Tifa and Angeal. You assumed Ven was still out somewhere and that Roxas was in his room. Seeing everyone like this, it reminded you of how everyone had stayed here the day you got hurt. There was movement in the kitchen so you ran there. Cid and Auron were talking quietly.
"Hey [Name]." Auron nodded at you.
"Mornin' Darlin." Cid said without the usual charm in his voice.
"Guys, what if Cloud isn't dead?" You whispered loudly.
Their eyes widened.
"[Name] I know this is hard but-" Cid began.
"Just listen what if it wasn't him or-or-or I don't maybe they disguised someone to look like Cloud!" You yelled forgetting to keep your voice down.
You didn't have to worry though. Most were well worn out from staying up all night crying or comforting those crying.
"Who would do that [Name]?" Auron asked with a sigh.
"You know who Auron." You said through clenched teeth. Why weren't they listening?!
The door opened and closed. Zack, Tifa and Angeal walked in.
Tifa nodded, "It was him.."
Her words were so quiet you could barely hear her.
"What is she talking about?" You asked.
"This morning me and Angeal-" Zack started to say when Auron interrupted.
"She was sent to identify the body [Name]. It was him." Auron said.
The last piece of hope crumpled before you. Tifa knew Cloud better then you. If Tifa said it was him, it was him.
"Im sorry [Name]. He's gone." Auron murmured.
You began to shake your head slowly. At his words Tifa covered her mouth to bite back a sob. She left the kitchen and headed upstairs.
You were still shaking your head, you didn't even know you were crying until someone wiped the tear away.
You crumpled to the ground onto your knees. The guys sat down besides you and just let you cry.

Black. Black dresses and suits filed into the room. Everywhere you saw black.
You kept your eyes glued to your shoes as you walked in. You sat down in between Tifa and Leon. Roxas and Ven stayed home. They'd come to the burying but they said they didn't want the last image of their brother to be laying in a casket.
You were starting to agree with them.
Three days had passed since you received the news. Every single day since then seemed wrong. Trying to go through the day without him there to argue with Ven, or mock one of the boys flirting with you. It was like looking through a Where's Waldo book, only Waldo couldn't be found. Because Waldo wasn't there anymore. He would never be there again.
You glanced around the room.
There were kids from school, teachers, everyone was there. You glanced back down at your feet. They closed the door and the ceremony began. People began to walk up there and say words of goodbye and thanks to and about Cloud.
After the first five people who you didn't particularly know, Tifa reached for your hand and held it tightly in hers. Tears brimming her eyes.
You looked over at Leon.
He was staring straight ahead his hands were clenching his pants leg. You reached over and took his hand in yours, squeezing it.
This continued until they finally got to people who you recognized.
Zack went first, then Angeal, Terra, Sora, Riku, Namine, Olette, Zexion, Xion, Axel, Reno, Auron, Cid, Yuffie, Hayner, Pence,and Demyx. Each talking about how they'd miss him and some sharing a memory. Tifa went next.
"I met Cloud when I was 6 years old. He had tripped over the curb and fallen on his face", A sad chuckle washed though the air, "I ran over and flipped him over so his head was in my lap. The first thing he said was 'Are you an Angel?'. I-I-...Ever since then he was always watching out for me."
Tifa continued by recalling her favorite memory she had with him, about their first date, how they fought so much.
"I'm so sorry Cloud. I should've- i didn't- I guess...you're my angel now Cloud." Tifa tried to continue but she couldn't talk through her tears. Yuffie helped her back to her seat.
Leon got up.
He walked up to the front to say his share. He looked at Cloud then at the crowd.
"Cloud was a friend like no other. He was always there if you needed him no matter what, no matter when." He paused. "Im gonna miss you Cloud. Sorry I wasnt there when you needed me."
Tifa's words already had you near tears. Now Leon's few words had you silently crying. He walked back towards you and took his seat. You stood.

It was your turn.

You walked up there and kept your eyes glued away from the casket.
"We didn't meet as kids. We didn't have a long history together. You weren't my long lost brother, but.. it felt like it Cloud." You said as strongly as you could. You bit back another wave of tears and soldiered on.
"I- I can't belive you're really gone..."
It took every fiber of your being to do it, but you turned around to look at him.
To see his baby blue aura one last time.
Too bad you didn't...
"No..." You whispered.
His aura.
It wasn't baby blue.
That wasn't Cloud.
His aura was a tan, just like Seifer.
"That's not Cloud..." You whispered.
You stared at him blinking, waiting for his aura to go back to his baby blue color.
It never did.
The crowd murmured to each other as you stared at the fake Cloud.
"That's not Cloud!" You yelled a bright smile graced your lips but it quickly vanished.Cloud wasn't dead, but he's missing still. You felt a pair of hands on your shoulders.
"[Name] be quiet and sit down." Cid whispered into your ear.
"But Cloud isn't dead Cid!" You whispered back.
Cid began to drag you out, but you tried to go back. Eventually after a few minutes, and a few more guys, Leon, Cid, and Auron dragged you out. Zack and Angeal followed after a brief moment.
"Get back in there you two." Auron told them.
Angeal answered, "It's either we stay to check up on [Name] or you'll have every single one of them in here."
"Did you know how much we had to do to be the ones to get in here?!" Zack crossed his arms smirking.
"You seem to be in a pretty darn cheery mood considerin' you're at your friend's funeral!" Cid yelled.
"What? You didn't hear [Name]'s explosion? He's not dead." Zack said.
"You believe me?" You asked.
"You believe her?!" Everyone else asked at the same time.
Zack looked at everyone, "Well-"
"You went up there yourself and saw him Zack!" Angeal said.
"Hey I thought you were supposed to be on my side." Zack shot back.
"I just came to check on [Name]."
While Zack and Angeal kept arguing the other three turned to you.
"Why would you do that [Name]? Right in the middle of the ceremony. You made Tifa cry...again." Leon scolded.
You instantly felt regret, you didn't mean for her to cry anymore you were just caught off guard.
"Im sorry." You mumbled.
"What in the world would make you think what you did?" Auron asked.
Zack and Angeal quit arguing to listen.
"I-I.." You tried to think of an answer where they wouldn't think you were crazy.
"And what made you believe her?! I mean you've known Cloud your whole dang life! You saw him in the casket." Cid yelled at Zack.
"I just figured she noticed something I didn't, like a mask or something...", He mumbled scratching the back of his head.
"Are you really that stupid or just that desperate to get on her good side!?" Angeal questioned him.
"Hey!" Zack yelled back and they began to argue again.
Leon and Cid looked at each other. Leon grabbed Angeal, as Cid grabbed Zack. They threw the two raven haired guys outside then locked the door.
"Now tell us." Auron said.
Could you?
Could you tell them the secret you've been hiding for so long?
For Cloud maybe...
But...
You shook your head and whispered, "Cant you just believe me?They all sighed and gave each other knowing looks.
"[Name] darlin..." Cid began.
"We know this is hard but...." Auron said.
Leon put his hand on your shoulder, "He's gone [Name]. We're all crushed, but do you think this is how he'd want you to act? All you're doing is making things worse for yourself.."
"I know what I saw...", You murmured, tears forming in your eyes.
"Maybe it's just been the traumatic experience going on. It's getting to your head darlin'." Cid
"...Maybe if I just saw him one more time I could-" You started.
"No." They all replied.
"I don't think that would be a good idea [Name]. I think you need rest." Auron stated.
"But-", You cried.
"No [Name]." Auron said again.
"Come on I'll take ya home." Cid wrapped his arm around you.
Cid opened the door and Zack and Angeal came back in wordlessly.
The others went back into the ceremony room while Cid took you home.

Cid let you in then left to head back to the funeral ceremony.
"See ya kiddo. Get a good rest aight?" He pecked your forehead and left. You just stood there for a moment before Roxas came downstairs with Ven.
"You're back early." Roxas stated.
"Y-Yeah", you wiped a tear away, "Had a meltdown."
Maybe that's all it was. A meltdown. Cloud was gone you just had to face facts. The aura around him that you thought you saw looked identical to Seifer's and never before had you EVER seen anyone's aura match someone else's.
Maybe a good night's sleep and you'd finally realize that Cloud really is go-

'FOCUS!'

The voice screamed through your head. You yelled out in pain and collapsed clutching your head.
"[Name]!"
Ven and Roxas ran down towards you and picked you up to set you on the couch.
"[Name]? [Name]? Are you ok?" Roxas asked repeatedly.
'Tell them....'
The voice was barely audible.You sat up feeling as before.
"What was that all about?" Ven asked.
"Guys I need to tell you something...", You whispered.
"What's wrong [Name]?" Roxas asked.
"But it might change your view on me... I don't know."
"Just tell us [Name]." Ven replied.
"Have you ever heard of a Gazer?"
They didn't answer, but they looked surprised.
"Because I'm one. I can see people's auras." You said quietly.
Roxas and Ven looked at each other before breaking out in a smile.
"Wow [Name] that's it?" Ven asked smiling.
"Geez I didn't think I'd smile this soon." Roxas shook his head.
"Guys! I'm serious!" You yelled.
"We know you are, but you definitely picked the right people to tell. Congrats on that." Ven noted. You were so confused it hurt.
"[Name], a lot of people don't know what a Gazer is or anything like that. But we do because Marlene, our sister, was one too." Roxas told you.
Marlene was...
Why didn't she tell you?!
"Oh I may be a Traveler too..." You said.
Ven's forehead scrunched up as he was trying to think.
"Sounds familiar but I don't remember...", He trailed off.
"Wasnt it someone who had portal access?" Roxas asked.
You nodded.
Ven whistled, "Wow."
A thought hit you.
"Wait you guys know about Gazers and stuff about them right?!"
They nodded.
"Do you know your auras? Cloud's too?"
Ven nodded, "Im like green aren't I?"
You nodded, "Light Green."
"And aren't I silver?" Roxas asked.
You nodded, "And Cloud?"
They thought a minute.
"Was he some sort of blue or something?" Roxas questioned.
"He was baby blue. Do you know what happens to auras when they die?" You asked.
They shook their heads no.
"It doesn't go away, it stays for a while."
Roxas sat up, "What are you getting at [Name]?"
"Cloud's Aura wasn't baby blue today."