Summer Days *49*

It was all a blur.
You watched as Cloud and Ven ran forward with the others.
Tifa, Cid and Auron fought off heartless that seemed to grow in numbers. Stephanie, Gabriel, Melanie and Jacob all took on Sephiroth who was now attacking with such speed and agility it was starting to give even these TITANS a run for their money.
Cloud and Leon attacked Rufus together while Ven handled Axel.
Nobody seemed to even notice Zachary Fair walking towards you sword at ready, the yellow rings in his eyes gleaming.
"Z-Zack you don't have to do this." You pleaded as you began to back up. He lifted his sword to his shoulder and continued toward you.
"Zack please." You mumbled and clenched your eyes shut as he swung his sword.
Nothing hit you.
You peeked one eye open to see his sword hovering in midair by your head.
His face was strained, his teeth clenched together.
"Zack?" You whispered.
He dropped his sword and clutched his head yelling in heartless dialect. He threw his head up to look at you.
"[N-Name]?" He struggled to say, no yellow was in his eyes for the briefest moment. Your eyes widened, at this time Jacob ran over and kneed him in the gut causing him to double over.
"No!" You yelled running forward.
Jacob looked up at you so he didn't see Zack swing out his arm and knock him flat on his back. You skidded to a stop right in front of Zack. His eyes had the yellow ring in them again, he threw out his arm sending you flying back.
You hit the ground hard and continued to roll down the hallway. A snapping noise rang out and immense pain rippled up your arm. You grabbed the spot the pain seemed to emanate from with your other hand, yelling out in pain. You tried to hold back your cries to no avail.
"[Name]!" Someone yelled out but you couldn't tell who.
It felt like you were underwater. Everything seemed to move slower and all sound seemed distant and mumbled. Cloud got to you and knelt by your side. He set his hand on your arm causing everything to snap back into focus. All sound returned along with all the pain.
"Where does it hurt?!" Cloud yelled over the loud noise of everyone fighting.
You tried to answer but all that came out was another cry of pain so you resorted to just pointing. He looked at it and tried to feel it but you flinched away from his touch.
"It's broken." He grimaced.
You bit your lip and tried to focus on something else. Zack and Axel were now both unconscious, you couldn't see any heartless and now everyone was trying to fight off Sephiroth except Tifa who had Rufus pinned to the ground making sure he couldn't run.
With a group effort Sephiroth was finally brought down to his knees with multiple weapons pointed at his head. His sword was kicked as far away from him as possible.
"Get the rope Steph." Melanie said firmly.
"You think simple rope can stop us?" Rufus scoffed.
"No, but ours can." Gabe smirked as Stephanie pulled a silver can out from the black sport book bag she was carrying. She opened the can and pulled out a long thin silver chain.
"What the heck are you going to do with that?! Make them friendship bracelets??" Ven asked skeptically.
The TITAN's all chuckled knowingly. Stephanie wrapped the thin chain around Sephiroth's wrists and ankles then she used the same piece to wrap Rufus's so they were tied together.
Melanie used her knife to cut the chain easily.
"What power level?" Jacob asked.
"Let's play it safe." Melanie answered.
"Power Level on 100%." Stephanie said to the chains.
The chain glowed a bright white then returned to normal.
"BSE Chains. Gotta love them." Gabe crossed his arms.
"BSE?" Leon questioned.
"Basic Stored Energy." Melanie answered as everyone made their way to you.
"Are you alright darlin'?" Cid asked worriedly.
You nodded your head holding your arm tightly.
"Let Stephanie take a look [Name]." Melanie said. Stephanie looked over your arm carefully, she pressed at certain spots causing you to grit your teeth in pain.
"It's broken for sure. Possibly in two places." She said.
"Alright Steph patch her up for now . Gabe, Jack you guys get those two to Lauren and Big C." Melanie ordered nodding her head towards Zack and Axel. Steph pulled out some gear from her bag.
"I'm the combat field medic and was trained by the best,so don't worry I'll fix you up good." She smiled reassuringly.
You forced a smile back, but it was small and feeble. Stephanie held out your arm straight as she could and held up a small metal tube beside it. She pressed the metal to your skin and it started to grow until it reached your elbow in length, it still looked like a thin metal pole though.
She did the same thing to the other side of your arm so each pole was the right length.
"Cloud I need you to hold these to her arm as tight as you can. [Name] this is probably going to hurt some ok?" She told you straight faced. You nodded.
Cloud was behind you so he wrapped both his arms around you and held the metal poles on each side of your arm. He pressed them close to your arm, the pressure made you flinch and want to turn away.
Stephanie quickly took out a can and shook it up, she then sprayed the contents of the can onto your arm. It looked like she was spraying shaving cream onto your arm.
"Ok Cloud let go." She said as she finished covering your arm in the shaving cream. Cloud let go and the metal poles, which were buried in a thick layer of white cream, stayed.
Stephanie saw the curiosity in everyone's eyes so she answered their questions while she wrapped your arm with a white gauze.
"It's a healing cream of sorts. It hardens and keeps things still. So because [Name] has a broken arm I put it on so it won't move around and hurt her much. I've used it on other wounds too though, like one where a round of bullets tore through a soldiers abdomen I used this stuff to keep all his organs from falling out."
Ven who was sitting beside his brother made a face that showed his disgust, "That's sick."
"It's also a lifesaver." Leon replied.
Stephanie nodded, "That it is."
After wrapping your arm with a gauze she taped over it with yellow medical tape. She then pulled out a black sharpie and drew a little smiley face on the make-shift cast. She gave you a grin then began to put all her gear away.
"Now listen [Name]. That isn't a permanent fix. It's just to keep you steady till we can get a real doc to take a look at it so try and take it easy." You nodded at her words, your arm wasn't throbbing like before and the cream was actually really cool to the touch helping ease the pain.
You shakily got to your feet and took in a deep breath. Rufus and Sephiroth were struggling against the wire used to trap them, all the TITANs except for Stephanie, who was still putting away her medical gear, were checking their weapons. Everyone else stood warily around you.
"You sure your ok [Name]?" Auron asked.
You nodded, "I'm fine now. Let's keep moving."
Everyone moved towards the large doors where Sephiroth and Rufus sat near. Cloud tried the door.
"It's locked." He muttered.
"Course it is. You think Xemnas is just gonna leave it wide open for us?" Ven commented, "Who knows, maybe he'll roll out the red carpet for us too."
"Ven. Shut yer trap." Cid snapped at him.
"Stupid brat...", Rufus muttered under his breath.
Ven used his foot to tap Rufus in the shoulder causing both him and Sephiroth to fall on their side, leaving them stuck.
"We'll break it down. Watch out." Gabriel said.
Everyone moved out of the way.
Jacob and Gabriel walked back a few feet then took a running start right into the door. As soon as they made contact with the door a large static discharge was given off and a trampoline effect ensued. Jacob and Gabriel bounced off the wall and flew back skidding against the floor. Sephiroth and Rufus chuckled as they struggled to get up.
"Are you guys alright?" Tifa asked.
They both sat up slowly.
"Define alright." Jacob groaned, he rolled the window down of his helmet. Gabriel did the same.
"Status?" Melanie asked.
"My shields are down completely. I went from 25% to 0% because of that hit." Gabriel stood up then helped Jacob to his feet.
"Yeah well I went from 65% to 0%." Jacob said.
"You won't get in." Rufus smirked.
"Watch us." Ven shot at him.
"Call Lauren. Can't you get her to make us a portal?" Tifa asked.
Jacob nodded, "Good idea. Call Tolbert, Cody."
You could hear his helmet ringing since the glass of his helmet was rolled down. Big C's voice crackled on the other end.
"What's up Jack? Need another portal?" Cody asked.
"Yeah we do. We need to know if Lauren can poof us into Xemnas's office." Jacob asked.
You could hear Big C talking to Lauren quietly on the other end.
"Sorry no can do. Little L says the area is too specific. She could accidentally poof you into a wall or a piece of furniture or something."
Everybody let out a disappointed sigh.
"Alright. How are the antidotes coming along?" Jacob added.
There was silence for a moment.
"Er...well... Not so good actually." Big C replied, "A heartless came through one of the portals we opened for you guys and messed with the vials we had done. We had to start over."
The disappointment on everyone's face was evident.
"Ok we need to keep working see you." Jacob sighed.
"Right. See ya." Big C said.
"Well now what?" Cid asked.
Everyone stared at the door hoping they could think up a solution.
The answer stumped everybody, but it was as clear as day to you.
All it took was one travel into the room then you could unlock the door and let everyone in.
That's all it would take.
You closed your eyes and clenched your fists, concentrating all your willpower and strength towards the task at hand. You stood there, still as stone, trying to break down the wall that kept you from using your abilities. Eventually everybody's voices dimmed and faded away. They were replaced by one voice in particular.

'Good Job [Name].'

You opened your eyes, you were alone. Where you stood didn't seem like an office at all. More like a laboratory. The floor was a dull metal while the walls were a plain white, the walls you could see at least. The room itself was huge and filled to the brim with flashing machines and other mechanical equipment. The lights were dim where you were and you couldn't see any type of door around you. You brought your good arm over to hold your shivering body, you could see your breaths. It was freezing in here.
You walked forward, careful not to make a single sound. Near what you assumed to be the back of the room bright lights were set up and you could hear noises coming from that area.

Hiiiiiiiissssssssssss.

You whipped around to find yourself face to face with a heartless creature. It's bug yellow eyes stared at you intently as it continue to hiss at you loudly. Another joined it and more and more came with the others. As they advance towards you, you tried to back away. They herded you to where the lights were and where your worst nightmare also stood.
"Hello [Name]." His voice called out sending chills of displeasure down your spine, "Long time no see."
You turned around as all the heartless ran away to join a large number of them in the corner of the room. Xemnas stood tall at a large computer monitor with a moving picture of different stars. What really caught your eye was what you saw around him.
You could see his ink black aura hovering around his body. You bit back a small triumphant smile.
He grinned and walked towards you, "Where are your friends? Did they really send you in here all alone?"
You gulped at how close he was to you, only mere inches away.
"You're going to regret everything you've done Xemnas." You managed to choke out.
He roared in laughter, "[Name] I've already won! I've secured Hollow Bastion entirely and I plan to make my next move soon. The only difficulty I'm having is trying to decide which world to take control of next!"
"Why are you doing this?" You asked shaking your head.
"You wouldn't understand. This is a fight that has been going on for years. A fight I plan to win." He growled. Before you could utter another syllable a beeping noise rang out. He turned his back to you and faced the screen, Xemnas pressed a few keys on the large keyboard and a video screen popped up.
Now on the screen was a young woman with straight brown hair and light chocolate brown eyes. Her face was blemish free except for a long scar that ran from half of one cheek, across her nose and onto the other cheek about halfway as well. She wore a bored expression on her face and glared at Xemnas.
"What is it you want now Xemnas?" She asked in an uncaring tone.
"I want to speak with the King. Not one of his lackeys." Xemnas demanded.
"He's busy and I'll have you know your lucky to even be talking to me." She shot back.
Her eyes glanced up as she noticed you, "Who is she?"
"It doesn't matter. Get the King on now." His voice began to raise.
She continued to stare at you, her eyes seemed to read you like a book you dropped your gaze and she smirked triumphantly.
"The answer hasn't changed Xemmy. He still isn't available. And when I say he isn't available what I really mean is that he doesn't care. So why don't you go write another book on your lame theories and wishes hmm?" She smiled sweetly even though her words stung like venom.
Xemnas pounded his fist against the computer base, "Do you not understand what position of power I am in now?! I control all the heartless! If you do not bring him to me this instant I will come to that world myself."
She shrugged, "See you soon then."
The video feed clicked off and Xemnas went into a fit of rage.
You looked back over at the heartless who seemed to grow rowdy and restless. A glint of dark sickly green was seen in the mass of heartless which made you rub your eyes to see if what you were seeing was even real.
An aura?
You did a double take as you saw one stray heartless surrounded by the sickly green color. Once you realized what the color was, all the other heartless began to grow sickly green auras as well.
You were snatched away from your realization by Xemnas who grabbed you by the throat. He raised you off the ground squeezing your airway shut. You clawed at his hands with your one good arm trying to loosen his steel grip.
"Do you know what angers me [Name]? When people don't listen to me. When people ignore what I have to say. That is what angers me the most." He growled at you, tightening his grip.
A feeling of lightheadedness washed over you as you tried desperately to breathe in air with no success. You saw the heartless out if the corner of your eye and a plan formed in your head. But would it work?

'Just Believe [Name]!'

As your vision began to blur and black spots were clouding your sight you gasped out, "Heart--less..".
He shook his head, "So pathetic.."
"G-Green...", You choked out.
All the heartless were rigid as stone and didn't move a muscle, they were like little statutes. Xemnas stared at you curiously as you struggled to get out the last word.
'BELIEVE!' Marlene screamed in your head.
"At-tack." That one word sent everything into motion. Xemnas dropped you to the ground and you sucked in as much air as your lungs could hold. He turned and you watched as all the heartless ran to him and begin to bury him beneath their bodies. It was like an ocean of black swallowed him whole and only after a moment of hearing him yell it was like he was never there to begin with.
The heartless stood still again, standing in front of you at attention. You were still breathing deeply as you just stared right back into their creepy yellow eyes.
You sighed and stood, "Go away. And never EVER come back."
One by one each heartless began to fade away until there wasn't a sight or trace of a single one.
You stood there a moment not believing what just happened. What you just ended. You made your way to the computer on auto pilot and looked around. The metal control Xemnas used to control everybody sat on the corner of the computer desk. You picked it up and looked over it briefly. You pressed the off button and when it asked if you wanted to shut down you agreed.

That's when it really hit you.
Right after you turned off the control is when you really realized what just happened and when you finally figured out that your friends were ok now. They were ok. You ran through the room searching for the door you needed to unlock, you finally found it in the opposite corner from where you entered.
You turned off the door shield lock with a small control panel sitting beside the door. When the door opened you just stood there a moment as you, Cloud,Tifa, Ven, Cid, Auron, and Leon just stared at each other for a moment.
"[Name]!" They cried out and you were wrapped in a hug.
You could feel tears threatening to spill over as you held onto them tightly. After relunctetly pulling away Tifa began to scold you.
"If you were going to do that you needed to at least warn us!! Though you shouldn't have done it at all! Do you know how worried we were?!"
"I did it." You smiled.
"Did what?" Ven asked.
"Xemnas is gone. He's gone for good." You replied happily.
"You beat him darlin'?!" Cid cried.
"By yourself??" Auron questioned.
You shook your head, "Not entirely."
You looked around, "Where are Mel, Gabe, Steph and Jack?"
They all looked at each other then smiled.
"Come on." Leon nodded.

They led you outside of Xemnas's house where every sort of official stood. You could see a group of people dressed in a military style outfit load Sephiroth and Rufus into two separate vans. They also loaded Kadaj and Loz with Sephiroth.
A lady with orangish straight long hair tied back in a low ponytail walked over. She was bony and looked unhealthy skinny. Her skin was pale and she wore a pair of glasses tha sat on the bridge of her nose. She was wearing a white doctor's coat an underneath that was khaki pants with a formal light purple shirt.
"Hello. My name is Dr. Davidson. I'm head of the Recognition Sector Department and Secretary of the USPC." She shook hands with all of you.
"Oh yeah we know you. The TITANs talked about you some." Ven noted.
Her facial expression didn't change at all she still remained formal, "I'm sure. My TITANs unfortunately like to talk as much as they do fight."
Ven looked regretful he opened his mouth.
"I just wanted to thank you all for your help in catching Sephiroth and Shinra." She smiled.
"Sure. Your welcome." Cloud answered for everyone.
She walked away. Someone's hands landed on your shoulders and you jumped.
"Chill Mini [N]." Big C smirked.
You took a deep breath trying to calm your racing heart.
"Well congrats guys! You did it!" He cheered.
"How is everyone?" Leon asked.
Big C opened a portal to the cabin, one of the few spots he could travel to, "Well come on. Why don't you find out for yourselves?"