Summer Days *22*

edited by Steelergirl

Fair warning the spacing on this chapter may be horrifying. Wattpad went crazy on me...

COMMENT & VOTE

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Yo [Name]!" Ven yelled standing by your door. He knocked on your doorframe as you groaned and sat up rubbing your eyes.
"Come on sleeping beauty you're gonna be late for work!" He said walking out. You glanced at your alarm clock. Its bright neon lights flashed 3:30 AM. You sighed and climbed out of bed.
You scratched your head walking down the stairs and sat down in between Roxas and Ven at the breakfast bar. Roxas had his head down and Ven was lazily eating an apple, his head propped up on his hand. Cloud and Tifa were walking around the kitchen cleaning and putting things away. Cloud walked over and dropped a bagel in front of you.
"Cloud she has to eat more than that!" Tifa said sharply.
"Then why don't you-" Cloud began but stopped when Ven coughed loudly. He glared at both of them. You bit into your bagel and began to eat, "Its fine Tifa. I'll pick something up at work." You said, happy that Ven had quickly extinguished their argument.

A few minutes later Tifa announced, "Let's go." She walked ahead to the door and everyone followed sluggishly.
When you arrived at the mall you had to push and shove your way through a crowd of people to get to the front where Rude was. You all flashed him your passes and went in. After saying bye to everyone, wishing them luck, you walked towards Around the Worlds.
"[Name]!!" Larxene screeched when you walked through the door, "You're late!"
You sighed about to explain about the mob of people outside but, she waved you off and rushed you to the locker room.
You walked, glancing at the clipboard by the door and you groaned, "Atlantis!"
You'd have to walk around all day in a bikini with board shorts.
"Hello [Name]." You turned around to see Kadaj wearing his Port Royal uniform.
"Oh hey Kadaj ready for work?" You asked walking towards your locker.
"I suppose. You?" He answered.
"Yeah I guess. I wonder why it's so crowded though, I mean there are more people here now than when we first opened." You said digging through your stuff for the right uniform.
You heard chuckling as Yazoo walked through the door, "You don't know?"
Kadaj sent his brother a glare as you shrugged, you tapped your temple mocking Axel, "Guess I'm just thick headed."
They both smiled and Yazoo answered, "The week before Summer Fair there are always huge sales at all stores in the mall."

You nodded pulling out your uniform, "Cool, what's the summer fair? Other than a fair in the summer."
Before they could answer Larxene burst through the door and if looks could kill...
"Go." Was all she could mutter out of her clenched teeth. Kadaj and Yazoo ran through the door giving you one last look. She glared at you.
"I’m coming, I’m coming!" She walked out and you ran into the changing room quickly changing into the bathing suit. You tied your hair in high ponytail like you were about to go to the beach. You walked out towards where Larxene was talking to all the employees. You stood in between Axel and Kadaj. "Now the mall is going to open its doors in", she checked her watch, "5 minutes. I expect you all on your best behavior, if I hear of one fight you can expect hell."
Axel raised his hand and said, "Can’t cuss at us boss. It's against work regulations. Got it Memorized?"

Larxene sighed and held her face in her hands. "Go. Man your stations."
Everyone walked off. Kadaj and Yazoo waved at you; Axel saluted you in his Mount Olympic uniform. You waved back at all of them.
"[Name]." You turned to face Larxene who had called you. "You're working the dishes after work today."
Your face fell, "What!?"
She pointed towards Atlantica, "Just go. It's your dish day."
You just sighed and walked over to the Atlantica entrance where Kairi was waiting there in a one piece bathing suit. Kairi glared at you, "Larxene gave you a two piece!?"
You glanced down at your outfit then Kairi's. "I gu-"

She cut you off, "I mean everyone knows I have a WAY better body then yours! I mean, look at me!!"

You rolled your eyes and walked away not wanting to deal with her.

You groaned and leaned against the wall. It was almost noon and you had worked till 4 with only a few breaks here and there. You were on one of them now. Kairi walked over and stood by the wall, you ignored her and she happily ignored you back. A young dark haired man walked over between you two. "Hey table 12 requested the hot girl." He pointed behind him.

Kairi smirked at you and ran towards table 12 without another word. The man tried to stop her but failed. You watched table 12 as Kairi walked up twirling her hair with a finger. The guys at the table and Kairi exchanged a few words when Kairi's face fell. The guys looked over at you and winked waving you over. Kairi followed their gazes and sent you a death glare and stormed off.
"Tried to warn her." The man besides you said before walking off to wait a table. You walked over to table 12 showing one of your brightest smiles, "Hey guys. What can I get you?"
They chuckled. One of the closer guys held your hand, "Is it hot in here or is it just you?”
You forced a fake smile at his pathetically cheesy pickup line.
"So you guys know what you want yet?" You asked again, trying to be patient. You caught one of the guys staring at your chest; you snapped your fingers in his face and pointed at your eyes, "Hey dude my eyes are up here."
They rolled their eyes, "Baaaabe.."
You felt someone wrap an arm around your waist. Your eyes widened and you turned your head to see who it was when his lips met yours. The kiss lasted a few more seconds when he broke away.
"L-Leon!?" you asked surprised the kiss and him being here. Leon coughed.
"O-Oh, you have a boyfriend?” You tried to answer but your tongue was tied.
"We're you guys gonna order?" Leon asked. They sighed and picked up their menus muttering under their breaths. You took their orders with Leon besides you. Afterwards,  you walked away, Leon besides you. You handed off their order to the guy from earlier and he took it understandingly, then you dragged Leon out of the Atlantica room and into the main hallway avoiding Larxene carefully.
"Ummm W-What are you doing here?!" You asked biting your lip.

Leon answered acting like nothing happened, "Cid sent me to Seventh Heaven and Cloud sent me to check on you."
You nodded then continued, "So…Um... Why did you kiss me?"
Leon's shoulders tensed, he had a pink tint to his cheeks. "Those guys were bugging you", he almost whispered the last part, "I meant to kiss you on the cheek. You moved your head though." You nodded. "Sorry." He added.

You opened your mouth when Larxene bust through the doors, you ducked under a table leaving Leon in the open.
"Leon Squallhart!?" Larxene squealed. She ran a hand through her hair, "What are you doing here?" She asked in a sweet voice. You could almost hear Leon gulp.
"Hey Larxene." He said warily. He glanced one last time at the table you hid under. "So Larxene", he sighed, "Let's go...talk."

She grabbed him and led him out of the kitchen. You smiled and thanked Leon inwardly for both the times he saved you.