McKayla & Liam

McKayla's POV:

"Kay! I'm home. Happy birthday again" my twin brother called and I shot up from the couch to give him a hug. "Hey Connor! No friends this time?" I ask and he smiles. "Tonight I have a party, and you can come because I'm an extremely cool brother. There's a new kid at our school, and I bet you like him" he says and I blush. 

About myself, I'm very insecure, so guys....mwa, not really. "Don't be so insecure" he says and I look at my feet ,something I do a lot. "I hope he can give you a little more confidence." he mumbles. He walks to the kitchen and grabs an apple. He throws one to me and I catch it, take a bite and walk to my room.

It's my birthday today, and my brother insists that I must have a party with his friends too. a couple of my friends are coming too, just my best friends.

It's pretty big, our house is pretty big. I spin around in my room and click on the play button of my I-pod. A song I really like begins playing.

One Day by Charice, it's the perfect song. It helps me believe that once my day will come and people will notice me, maybe not with something spectacular, but just being noticed is already good enough.

I jump around in my room till I get tired and fall on my bed onto the pillows. I stare at all my Liam Payne posters, he's a great guy. I don't know him because he's famous, but what I read and see in the video diary's, he seems as such a cool guy.

"Liam Payne why are you so perfect" I groan and close my eyes, after a while I open them again. Why am I so tired? I need to get over it, tonight Connor wants me to join his friends, with...a movie I think.

So that's how it is, I dance a little more, listen to Liam's solo's but then something weird happens. Connor steps into my room and hears Liam singing, sees his poster and he grins a really big smile that creeps me out. "Er....Connor?" I ask and he winks. "You'll love my new friend" he says and walks over to my closet. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You're 18 now, you had your party yesterday, your friends said happy birthday and mum and dad gave you a cake. Now you're going to impress my friends, so you need to wear something hot" he says and my eyed widen. "Er...No" I say and he sighs. "Stop being insecure and just do what I say" he says in a stern voice and I shuffle my feet. Why can't I just say no? 

Because you're insecure, Kayla, it's your own fault.

"Alright you need to do your make-up yourself, but you're going to wear these clothes" he says and hands me shorts and a tank top. It's not that bad. "Alright" I mumble and he kisses my cheek. "you'll be happy" he says and walks away.

Why is he so sure that I will like his new friend? Maybe I don't like him at all! Maybe he's ugly, or just a twat, maybe he just want a girl or...ughh I'm rambling. I bet he's really nice and make me fall in love with him even though I don't know him at all.

I do my hair and brush it softly, listening to music. It's the only thing that make me feel like myself, music. I love it how people express their feelings in a melody, and from those feels come lyrics, and a from that combination a beautiful song.

"KAY! ARE YOU READY?" My brother shouts up the stairs. "ALMOST DONE" I yell back. Then the bell goes, they are here. "KAYLAAA" my best friend shouts and then enters my room, follow by the others. Now just my brother's friends have to arrive.

"Hey girls, help me with my make-up, please?" I ask and they nod. They love to do my make-up.

"Done" they say and then the bell goes. "Girls, Connor is acting weird about his new friend, he says I'll definitely like him" I say and my friends all act weird too.

"Alright we're awful liars! HE'S HOT AND YOU'LL LOVE HIM!" My friends friend shouts and my jaw drops. "What? You know who he is?" I ask and she nods. "KAYLA, THEY ARE HERE" Connor yells and all my friends rush down the stairs. The drag me with them, almost carrying me and just over the last step, I fall....

I wait till my head hits the floor, or something else, but it never comes. I feel 2 arms wrap around me and expect Connor, but when I open my eyes I stare into 2 brown orbs. Those arbs that cover my wall on my room too.

I gasp and take a step back. Then I become really shy and look at my feet. "Kay, this is Liam, my new friend." Connor says and I hear the smile in his voice. Liam takes a step towards me and stick out a hand. "Hello Kayla, I'm Liam" he says and I give him my hand, he lifts it up and presses his lips to it. I blush and look at my feet. 

"Alright let's settle down for the movie" my brother says and wraps his arm around my waist. 

After half an hour, all that I've seen are my hands on my lap or my shoes. "I'm getting something to drink" I mumble and Connor smiles weakly at me. I move to the kitchen and breath out.

Then I feel 2 hands around my waist and my breath hitches. The hands move and suddenly Liam stands in front of me, his warm, big hands on my waist. I quickly look down and freeze. "I heard that it's your birthday" he says and his warm voice fills my ear and it sounds like the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

I nod softly and he sighs. Then I feel his finger underneath my chin and he lifts my head up, forcing me to look into his eyes. I try to look away but he holds me there. I gaze in his brown orbs.

"You know, Kayla, I've been looking at you the whole time, trying to find out what colour your eyes are, but all you did was staring at your feet." he says and my cheeks flush.

"You have gorgeous green eyes" he says and shoves some hair behind my ear. I look down again and mumble a thanks. "Now say that again while looking me in the eyes" he says gently and I let out a shaky breath, look up and meet his eyes. "Thanks" I whisper and he smiles a gorgeous smile. I smile back shyly. "See, that wasn't too hard. Now come here" he says and softly lays his hands around my waist again, he pulls me close till we're literally inches apart and he presses his forehead to mine, his brown eyes locking with my green ones. 

And weirdly, this time I don't have the feeling that I need to look away.

"I think you know who I am" he says and I whisper a yes. "But because I'm in a popular boy band, doesn't mean you need to be shy with me." he says and I feel his breath on my face. I study his eyes and he smiles at me. "You're beautiful" he says and I blush again. "Your brother told me about you" he starts and that's how we keep talking for the next 15 minutes, our foreheads presses together, our lips not far apart and our eyes locked.

Then we stop laughing and he looks into my eyes. "Mind if I kiss you?" he whispers and I blush, then whisper a really soft no and he nudges forward, very softly till his lips meet mine. I'm scared so I don't kiss back but when he nudges his lips again my lips begin to move in sync....

But then my brother comes inside the kitchen. I want to pull back but Liam keeps me in his embrace, he just shoves himself a little so he stands next to me with both arms around me. "Am I interrupting something?" Connor asks with a smile and winks at me. I blush and I feel Liam squeeze my hand.

"A gentle man never kisses and tells, Connor" he says and winks at me.

A/N

I hope you liked it!

X-x-x Noa