#11 You Explain An Internet Term To Him

Ashton (Age 14):

 "OTP OTP OTP OTP OTP." You say repeadetly as you began watching the video Troye did with Tyler (the boyfriend tag).

Ashton walked into the living room while you were freaking out. Tyler said something about age difference and you choose that moment to yell at the screen, "AGE SHOULDN'T MATTER YOU STUPID YOU'RE MY OTP JUST DATE ALREADY."

"What the hell is an OTP?" Ashton asks, sitting next to you.

You pause your video, "It stands for One True Pairing." You explain.

"A what-a-what?" He asks, probably even more confused now.

"One true pairing, it's basically when you love the idea of two people together so much that your world revolves around them." You say, "You'd die if they actually dated.'

"And these two," He gestures to the screen, "Are yours?"

"YES." You reply.

"Why?" He asks, making a face.

"THEY'RE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER, ASHTON." You say, scaring him a bit.

"Fine,okay, God."

Luke (Age 15):

"I CAN'T EVEN." You exclaimed as you wiped away a tear from laughing so hard over Skype with your best friend.

''I literally can't." She said, laughing with you.

"On a scale of 1 to even, I can't." You joke back, causing you both to burst out in laughter again.

"I gotta go, Y/N. I'll text you," She says after a few more minutes of laughing.

"Okay, see you soon!"

She ends the call, and you close your laptop. That's when Luke knocks and walks in, "What does 'I can't even' mean?" He asks you, sitting on the edge of you bed."

"It's kind of hard to explain, it's when there's like so much emotion that you just can't deal with it." You reply.

"So why not say that?" Luke asks, a bit more confused already.

"Because, it's simpler to say 'I can't even'."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Well, it is what it is." You answer.

"Why? Shouldn't it make some sense?"

"Oh my god, I can't."

"You can't what?!"

You shake your head, standing up to walk away.

Calum (Age 13):

"Y/N I NEED YOUR HELP!" Calum calls from downstairs.

You groan, not wanting to get up. After a moment, you conjure enough energy to stand up and walk down the stairs, "What do you want?!" You complain, seeing him on his laptop in the middle of the living room.

"Some girl tweeted me saying that I was asdfghjkl." He tells you, reading off the letters, "What does that mean?"

You roll your eyes, and mentally face palm, "It means that she finds you cute. It's acting as if she like slammed the keyboard because you're so cute." You tell him.

"Ohhh. Okay."

"Tweet her back saying the same thing, she might just die."

"I still don't fully get it. Why asdfhghkl?"

"Because it's a row on the keyboard, Cal." You say pointing to the row.

"OH!" He exclaims, "THAT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW."

"Tweet her back," You say.

He nods, opening another tweet: @Calum5SOS: @F/T/N you're asdfghjkl."

Michael (Age 16):

"DESTIEL OH MY GOD. YES. I SHIP IT SO FREAKING HARD." You exclaim as an episode of Supernatural played.

"Who's Destiel? Why do you want to ship them somewhere? And why hard? That makes it sound so wrong." Michael asks, sitting beside you.

You face palm. "My God, Mikey, for being in a boyband you really don't understand fangirl terms."

"It's not a boy band!"

"Fine, for being in a band you really don't understand fangirl terms."

"What's Destiel? What does 'ship' mean?" He continues to ask.

"Destiel isn't a person, it's a combination of two names. Shouldn't you know this? I mean you have Muke, Mashton, Malum... you know? Destiel is Dean and Castiel." You reply.

"Ohhh, what does shipping mean though?"

''It's when you like the idea of two people being together. Fans ship you and the boys together all the freaking time. Destiel shouldn't be that hard to understand."

"Why does everyone ship Destiel though?"

"THEY WERE MEANT TO BE OH MY GOD." You say.

"I shouldn't have asked!"