She Will Be Loved ✰Chase, House MD✰

Authoress's Note: My apologies if I failed horribly Miki and Chase is OOC, but hell I tried. There's a second song in here, it's called All I Need by Within Temptation, the external link should lead to it!~ And this drabble turned more into a one shot and I'm not even sorry YEP. 

Love in the hospital hadn’t been a good idea since Cutty and House and then the failed marriage of Cameron and Chase. That was a fact, but that didn’t change the fact that there was a betting pool on who the next would be to hook up. The most popular on the list, Dr. Chase and Dr. (Name).

Perhaps it was because they both came from the outback, both sported similar accents, or because they were apparently childhood friends who studied together at the University of Sydney. (Name) arrived a few years after Chase had joined House’s team. She’d been getting her certification in neurology apparently on top of her certification in cardiology, just for the fun of it. Until she transferred, she had been working on the West Coast of the US and had apparently met a man that she was scheduled to be married to. Sometime after that, she transferred to Princeton-Plainsboro Training Hospital, and she'd managed to work your way to the Head of the Cardiology department. Head of Cardiology, Head of Diagnostic Medicine- people just thought the two of you would fit well together. It didn’t help your case when the two of you denied all romantic affections for each other, even though you ate lunch together, took breaks together, and even went to each other regarding complicated cases. Yes, of course there wasn’t anything romantic between you.

Or so you thought.

“Hey? Anyone seen Dr. (Name), I can’t get her phone.” Chase asked one of the nurses at the front desk.

“Heard she called in sick.”

“(Name)? Are we talking about the same person who came in for work when she had a fever of 100 degrees and couldn’t speak on account of her sore throat? The one that walked up to her office after getting into an accident with an idiot on a moped that sent her to the ER, which she broke out of mind you, that (Name)?”

“Hey man, she’s your problem not mine.”

“Thanks,” Chase muttered sarcastically. “Wait what do you mean by she’s my problem?”

“I know she’s as dense as a brick, but are you?”

Chase sighed and walked away, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He dialed your number and tapped his foot on the ground.

“Hello?” Your voice sounded raw, he was willing to bet that you were either sleeping, or surprisingly- even crying.

“(Name)? What going on?”

“Nothing important.”

“Last time you said that you were running away from House because you stole his latest fix and used it to blackmail him to work on a case.”

“Look Chase, you’re busy. My personal problems aren’t a case for you to take on.”

“Oh so you’re having personal problems?” He could hear you swearing from the other side. “What did he do?” He would castrate that idiot fiancé of yours. He really would. Why you always sought to see the good in people Chase would never understand.

“I’m not talking about it.”

“(Name),” Chase said firmly.

“Don’t you have a case? I’m just going to be drowning my sorrows in alcohol, catch you later.” And with that, you hung up the phone.

“(Name)… (NAME)! Damnnit.” What in the world is going on? Chase wondered as he stared at his phone.