❄A (Surname) Style Christmas❄ ✰Sora✰ (For Makoto / ReachForMyHand)

ღ✎Authoress's Noteღ✎: The Christmas Drabble exchange goes strong! This isn’t my best work, in my opinion, but hey I tried! I hope that you like it though because y’know~ It’s Christmas, embarrassing family is just part of the equation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It wasn’t like you were a Grinch. Well you kinda were, but in your defense, you were like that every day of the year. But you didn’t go out of your way to kill Christmas, you just didn’t broadcast your love for the holiday either. You were kinda neutral on Christmas. Which shouldn’t even be possible. Like, it was Christmas.

“Now why are we here?”

He was starting to think that it was a terrible idea to bring you to a crowded café to try and get you into the Christmas spirit. The lines were absolutely insane, and you looked crankier than usual. You were glaring at every whiny child, the dark aura that you were giving off was practically tangible and everyone had formed a five foot away perimeter around you. It was impressive and terrifying at the same time.

“They have really good hot chocolate and you always get really…” He was going to say cranky, but you just turned that I-eat-weaklings-like-you-with-milk-and-cookies look on him, so he knew it was probably best not to finish with what he actually meant. “Weird around Christmas-time, so I thought that maybe you’d like coming here,” Sora said. He fumbled through the middle but he managed to finish with that goofy smile that he was known for.

“If you say so.” You adverted your eyes from him, but you didn’t leave just yet.

“So… Ummm…” Sora wasn’t sure how to start a conversation with you- it was deadly when it was just the two of you together. When it was you, him, Riku, and Kairi there was no problem. But with just you- it was impossible. He was just hoping not to get smacked by the very end of it. Sora was shoved by someone trying to find a seat with hot chocolate in their hands. Shoved into you that is.

“Hey! Watch it!” You snapped. Sora was ready to apologize to you, but then he realized you were snapping at the guy who ran into him.

“AH! I'm sorry!” The guy ran off before he could really feel the brunt of your anger, and your eye twitched as your glare turned onto him. “You alright? Don’t just let people shove you around like that, dummy.” You lightly tapped his forehead with your knuckles, letting out a little sigh as you did so. Sora blinked in awe, eyes wide as he looked at you. “What? Do I have something on my face? Stop staring at me like that you’re freaking me out.” You huffed and turned forwards again, crossing your arms over your chest.

“R-Right! Hey look the line got a little shorter!”

“Great. A little less of this endless waiting.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora watched you as the two of you were walking home together. Your cheeks were still a bright red and you were trying your best to look away from him. Even though it was cold, it was obvious that the cold isn’t why you were blushing. When the cashier had given you two your drinks, she told you two, the happy couple, to have fun for Christmas, but not too much fun.

He walked you home, and he couldn’t help but feel as if you were getting tenser.

“Oh look your mom is home.” Sora pointed at the silver car parked in your house’s driveway. If possible, your face blanked even more than before. “Y’know, I don’t think I’ve ever met your mom,” Sora mused aloud.