Sky Writers Prequel Teaser (Truth)

You woke up surrounded by warmth that radiated from the person besides you. Legs intertwined, chest to chest, skin to skin.

'Oh shit.'

The arms wrapped around your body were the chains that bound you to him, the legs wrapped around yours like shackles that kept you trapped in place. He finally had you right where he wanted you and he had no intention of letting you run away.

You glared at the boy besides you. Damn the peaceful expression on his face that you have never seen before. Damn the calming rise and fall of his chest against yours as his warm breath fanned against your face. Damn the rhythm of the heartbeat synchronizing with yours.

Just... Damn him.

You mentally groaned at the situation you were in. You had everything to lose and he had everything to gain, and you both knew that.

But... You were still here. You were still here, pressed right up against him while he was at his most vulerable, being cradled like you were something worth cherishing. Out of all people, you never would have guessed he had it in him to hold you like this.

Safe.

Warm.

Even loved.

How could you he make you feel like that? How was it possible for him to go so completely against his inherent nature so effortlessly?

There were a million questions dancing at the tip of your tongue, begging for release and begging to be answered.

'Did you know this was going to happen?'

'Was it all part of your plan?'

'Are you just using me like all the other girls before?'

'What happens now?'

'How can someone who's ruined so many lives look so peaceful when they sleep?'

The person with all the answers lay right in front of you, and yet despite everything, you didn't have the heart to wake him up.

'Why am I so stupid?'

Just as you were about to yell from all the conflicting feelings welling up inside you, warm lips left a feather-light touch on your forehead. "Good morning."

Your eyes snapped up to his instantly, half-wondering if you were just asleep.

No icy glare. No smug smirk. Just a small smile and half lidded eyes gazing gently down at you. "To be honest, I'm surprised you haven't tried to kill me yet. I at least expected some swearing and threats of castration." His voice was husky from waking up, and you could feel a involuntary shiver run through your body as his fingertips danced against the exposed skin of your back. One hand came to rest at the small of your back, while the other found its way to your hair- gently twirling one of your (hair color) locks.

You swallowed hard, ignoring the surge of electricity and warmth that pooled in the core of your body. "The thought crossed my mind, but then I realized I'd never know why."

He chuckled, the sound affecting you in ways you would have never thought possible before last night. "Why?" He showed off his teeth in a carefree grin. It was his own private joke, but just when you were starting to feel like the butt of his joke, he let out an amused huff of air. "You really have to ask that question?" He bent his forehead down to touch yours, eyes bright with light you've never seen from him. "Is it a crime to make love to the person I care about?"

"You what?"

"Honestly, I'm surprised as you are. But I'm not the type to deny when I want something."

You were trapped in the world of his eyes, and as hard as you looked for the lie in his words, you only found truth.

You turned away from his intense gaze, feeling annoyed that you kept falling for his act. How many people had he played this game with? Would it be a surprise if he had mastered lying with even his eyes? No. Of course not. He lived on deception, not truth. "Stop messing with me."

"Ah... I will never understand..." The hand in your hair ceased its slow, calming motion as he finger trailed your jawline all the way down to your chin. Grabbing your chin in his hand, he forced your eyes to look back at him, irritation and pity both present as his eyes glowed brighter than before. "Your human lives are so short, and yet you waste time denying what you want out of shame and social commitment. Yet want too much and you descend into greed, one of the seven sins... It's hard for you humans to win, isn't it?"

You snapped at his patronizing tone. Now this was the asshole you were familiar with. "I don't expect the devil's son to know anything about restraint."

"You would be surprised." His tone was ice cold. "Haven't you learned to stop judging me by my title?" Was that... Pain?

No.

You weren't going to sympathize with this bastard just because of what happened last night. You weren't going to let him take your heart just so he could get the pleasure of destroying it.

"Then what should I judge you by? The number of people you've killed? The number of lives you've ruined?"

He should have fired back. That's how these verbal battles went. But as your (eye color) eyes bore into his, you could see the fire leaving his eyes.

His eyelids closed as he pulled his hand away from your head and ran it through his alreasy tousled hair. "Judge me with your human beliefs and you will find a monster," his tone was slow... steady... deliberate. His hand found yours and guided your palm up, before he let it rest.

Just left of the center of your chest.

"But judge me with this..." His eyes shone brighter than the sun could ever hope to. "And you will find the truth."