Teaser 2 (Plotbunny) The Second Pain in the Ass

"Hey, Rai, I can call you that, right?" Zack had heard you calling the fair haired boy that earlier, and he wanted to do the same since Warrior of Light was such a mouthful.

"If you wish," Rai responded. The dark haired SOLDIER easily matched the warrior's brisk strides. There was something about the white haired boy that reminded him of Cloud. Maybe it was the way he was a little serious and reserved, or maybe it was the way he was loyal as hell, not to mention having logic defying hair (though who was he to talk). Even though Zack hadn't bothered hiding that he was staring at the other boy, the infamous Warrior of Light hadn't even commented.

"How long have you been Princess (Name)'s knight, by the way?" Zack wasn't one for formalities, but he had the feeling that Rai wouldn't have liked him talking about (Name) so informally.

"Since we were young."

"What was she like growing up?"

"She hasn't changed much."

"What? Seriously? Come on, you had to have seen some other side of her!"

Raito's eyes narrowed in an uncharacteristic show of anger. "Why are you so curious?"

Zack went silent, but not because he was fazed. Rai was a high ranking knight that could easily give someone like Angeal a good fight, and he knew that he'd have to be careful when talking about you. He supposed like princess like knight, since you had a similar reaction when he had asked you about yourself earlier. The kind façade shut off instantly as you marched out of the room and told him not to follow. You didn't beat around the bush when you told him to mind his own business. Rai told him that you usually weren't so hostile, but then he was also informed that your relationship with Rufus Shinra and anything associated with Rufus Shinra was strained after the numerous controversies that surrounded Shinra Electric Co and their Mako research. He had decided he was going to prove to you that not all SOLDIERs were like that.

"I got off on the wrong foot with her earlier," Zack admitted finally. "She always acts so open, so I thought I'd just talk to her about herself. Then I figured out just how wrong I was." Zack laughed lightly to soften the lingering sting of your harsh rejection. "When I realized she'd been wearing a mask this whole time, I really wanted to see what she was like beneath that mask. I'd figure that you'd know more about that than anyone else."

Rai's expression softened slightly. "You know; the reason she might have shut you out so brutally may be because you remind her of someone else."

"Really? Who?"

"A bard named Myde whose made it his life's mission to get her to express what she truly feels."

"Huh... Think he'd like some help?"

"..." Rai stared blankly at the dark haired SOLDIER, trying to decide whether he was optimistic or idiotic.

'She's not going to be happy about this... She's probably going to say something like:
"Great. Now I have two pains in my ass that aren't going away."'
Rai smiled slightly as he pictured your reaction. 'It might be good for her to have more people like Myde and Zack around though. Maybe she'll open up to others more...'

ღ✎Authoress's Noteღ✎: Shoutout to for the awesome rambles she sent me VIA PM the other day! She asked for a teaser based on my plotbunny, though I'm sure with how vague it is you guys are feeling a little lost. I do owe someone else another teaser for this though, so you might figure out more about this ambiguous little world! Though if you try to get more teasers I may cry because this plotbunny is at risk of turning into a full length story at this rate, I am laying down far too much background for it.