❄The Fine Art of Gift Giving❄ ✰Axel✰ (Secret Santa for Igobyshakou)

✎Authoress's Note✎: From your Secret Santa to you, Igobyshakou!~ Well lookie at who finally got this out a day after Christmas, sorry about that, friend! And more apologies that I'm most comfortable about writing reader insert style! OCs throw me off. I hope you like it regardless~ And if you’re not Igobyshakou, well enjoy anyways!~

“It’s Christmas Eve, and I still have no clue what the hell I'm supposed to get her,” Axel complained into the phone, hearing the person on the other end of the line chuckle.

“Seriously? You’re supposed to be like her best friend or something like that and you can’t think of a single thing?” Roxas asked over the phone.

“Shut up Roxas, you’re not helping.” Axel deadpanned, imagining the smug look on the blond’s face as he relished in the redhead’s torture.

“Well what do you think would be good gift ideas?” Roxas asked.

“I dunno! I mean, she’s going to be getting a ton of chocolate from everyone else anyways, and I would get her ice cream but it’s not like you can just leave ice cream sitting under the Christmas tree forever and expect it not to melt. I could get her a journal or something like that, but this is freakin’ Christmas! Isn’t the gift exchange kinda a big thing?”

“I don’t know Axe, you’re the one who put it off until now.”

“Maybe I should figure out what she wants… She is always writing in that diary of hers. She probably has something about it in there, don’t you think?”

“You’ve been trying to steal that thing for ages now, what makes you think that this time will be successful?”

Axel was about to blurt out some completely unreasonable response that only someone like him could come up with.

Then his green hues landed on a very conveniently placed photograph in his line of sight. It showed off himself, Roxas, Xion, and (Name) hanging out together last year, this photo was taken after the massive snowball fight that they hosted annually alongside their friends.

“Because. You and Xion are going to help.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I don’t see why Axel isn’t coming with to the snowball fight.” You furrowed your brows as you were dragged outside of your house by a certain dark haired girl and a certain light haired boy.

“Did we say we were going to the snowball fight? Actually, I needed some help getting his gift for the Secret Santa gift exchange. I thought you’d have the best idea since the two of you were so close,” Xion smiled conspiratorially as she glanced over at you.

You let out a sigh, not that you were actually tired or bothered with your friends. You just wished they could have told you straight out so you could have at least spent some time thinking about what to get him. “Why didn’t you just say that on the phone then, Roxas?”

Roxas shrugged his shoulders. In actuality, he didn’t even know that Xion had Axel for the Secret Santa exchange.

Axel watched this exchange from the window in your room. For things that were named Corridors of Darkness, they were pretty convenient for going where you needed to go.

“Alright. Time to find that diary.” He rubbed his hands together with a slight smirk at the thought of finally getting a glimpse into the book. Why haven’t I ever thought of it before?