The Gift of 2D Fictional Men (Midorima)

✎Authoress's Noteღ✎: Almost over Merry Christmas to all! Though this is another gift of sorts to my lovely friend Mizz, but still in reader-insert for everyone to enjoy. Mizz, you know I love you and Merry Christmas before the night ends! Not my longest work by any means, but I hope that its silliness can cheer you up~ A few little insider talks in here, but I'm sure you guys can get the gist of it. HOPE EVERYONE HAD A KICKASS HOLIDAY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The green haired tsundere of the Generation of Miracles could claim to be good at a number of things. First of all, three pointers. It was a widely known fact, and it came through his constant practice. Second of all, diligence. He took everything he did very seriously, whether it be practice or making sure he always paid attention to Oha Asa and made sure to optimize his luck alongside his skill.

Long story short, Midorima Shintaro was no slacker- no matter what it was he was doing.

... Except when it came to people.

He never sought out people, they seemed to seek out him. Such as Takao, who started interrupting his nightly shooting practices and even worse, interacting with him outside of Basuke practice. Then there was you.

You had merely been a classmate which he'd been paired with for a group project for Public Speaking Class. The two of you were expected to create a video as well as a presentation and present both to the class.

Of course, the green haired male was used to doing projects on his own. More often than not people took advantage of the studious megane, leaving him to his own devices to finish the project with flying colors. It cost a few sleepless nights from time to time, but he preferred the solitary hard work to dealing with someone else's half-assed crap. Even with a hefty project like this he already started to allocate the time that he would need to successfully finish the project without your help and without having to skimp on his private basuke practices.

"All right, you're Midorima-san, right? I'm (Name) and I'm your partner for the project! Let's brainstorm so we can get this done!" Just like that you plopped yourself besides the green-haired male without a care and started rummaging through your bag for pencil and paper.

Midorima stared at you through narrowed eyes, trying to figure out just what you were up to. When you looked back up to meet his focused stare, you simply tilted your eye in the face of a glare which would have made most people flee.

"Is something the matter? I know you're a pretty hard worker, but I'm not going to let you do all the work by yourself."

For some reason, even though he was the one glaring, he also ended up being the one blushing. Instead of teasing him like he was so used to, you simply adverted your eyes with a small smile on your lips.

Throughout the project he was surprised to learn that you were yet another person impervious to his complaints and objections. You humored his fascination with Oha Asa, simply stating that you would make an effort to keep up with your lucky item as well during the project to bring the two of you good luck. Midorima learned your horoscope sign and whenever you couldn't find a particularly obscure lucky item, he always seemed to have yours on hand (even when it was something like a Russian Matryoshka doll or a miniature Eiffel Tower that you were fairly certain he didn't have just lying around the house.) He would offer it to you under the claim that, "It wasn't his lucky item for the day so you could borrow it," all the while a red color tinted his cheeks.

You were constantly there whenever the two of you worked together on the long project, always sharing the burden equally between the two of you. At first he was dubious at the quality of your work, but you surprised him by being a diligent and hard-worker- your somewhat unexpected personality asides. Indeed, the project ended up being done far quicker than if he had to work it on alone, and he was easily able to fit in the basuke practice that he would have needed- not to say that he didn't plan on practicing his basuke skills even if you didn't help- this way he didn't have to sacrifice sleep, which would have taxed on his performance.