Bar Nights and Once Upon a Times ✰Hook (Killian Jones)✰

Once Upon a Time... 

Hook still didn’t quite understand the entire concept of an Earth bar. Thankfully never seemed to have to. He just ordered his drink, sometimes he flirted with the bartender, and sometimes he just paid and left after he drank. 

“Y’know, there’s something much nicer about these bars of yours rather than taverns in the Enchanted Dominion,” Hook murmured to himself. Though there were brawls, they were sissy brawls compared to the taverns. 

“Sir, have you had a bit too much to drink perhaps?” The bartender was cleaning up a glass with a towel. He watched as her (E/C) eyes ran over his body, smirking at the sight of at his outfit. “Pretty nice pirate get up there. You’d totally win in a costume contest.”

“Oh lookie here, this one’s got a mouth.”

“They’d fire me for it,” she winked at him before turning to grab a bottle from the cabinet, “buuuut I promise you that no one can take care of a drink better than I can, or take care of anyone getting a bit... handsy. Too far?” She gestured towards his hook with a small grin, reaching for yet another bottle of some sort. She filled the glass she was wiping earlier with something from a pump before adding the two bottles she had selected. He was starting to like this girl. She spoke her mind, and that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.

“No love, go on,” Hook waved his hand around, watching as she swirled the concoction she created. “I could listen to jokes at my own expense all day.”

“I’m not usually this bitchy. So how about I treat you to a drink, we can talk and then all is forgiven?” The bar was winding down at this hour of the night, and the usual drunks were being taken care of.

“If there’s anything I love more than alcohol it’s a pretty woman with the alcohol.”

She wasn’t too impressed. “You flatter me, mind if I call you Hookie? It seems fitting.”

He resisted the urge to laugh. “Just Hook will do fine love. Can I get a name?”

“James.”

“Your name is James?”

“No. You asked for a name, not my name.”

The freshly made drink was slid in front of him, and he stared at his reflection in the blue tinted drink. 

"Then what's your name love?"

"Hmm. I'm tempted not to tell you, just because I love the way that love sounds rolling off your tongue. Maybe you should give me your name first and then we'll talk more." The bartender walked off to take care of another customer, and he watched the way that her hips swayed as she walked. 

Hook lifted the drink to his lips. It was a smooth kind of drink, but still had a kick to it. Just like the person who gave him this drink. 

Hook had never been much of a regular customer before, but the bartenders seemed to have a joke that he was your one and only regular customer that could put up with your mouth and not go running. He never came in early, he always made sure to come in as late as he could manage. That way he could catch you alone for a few extra moments, suggest that you take a seat and have a drink with him. The two of you would talk, your eyes never leaving his while he told stories about his adventures. Surely you thought they were just that, adventures, but sometimes he hoped that would see past that- take a chance and sail on the Jolly Roger with him. After the stories were done and told, neither of you ever paying attention to the drinks, Hook would always make sure to walk you home. 

Tonight though, tonight was the exception. He was with you, sitting alone atop an observatory on one of the skyscrapers of the big city. He was calling it a date until you told him otherwise. Though he could tell that you grew fond on him. 

"I can't really call you a pirate," you said suddenly, eyes locked on the starry night sky stretching out like an all encompassing blanket of stars. 

"Why's that love?" 

"You're far too tame." 

"Tame? Me?" 

"You're a gentleman I mean, non of that yo-ho business for you. I haven't even seen you get drunk once." 

Hook chuckled to himself. 

"What?" You punched his arm lightly, more open now that you were outside the bar. Somehow he liked that even more. 

"The word once. What is that saying? Once Upon a Time...?"

"Once Upon a Time... Sounds like the start of any story, you could probably start any story with that." 

"You think?"

"Watch." You sucked in and let out a deep breath. "Once Upon a Time there was girl named (Name). She lived a simple and busy life, growing up inside the city. An urban jungle they called it. And yet, it never felt complete. There was always a sense of 'what else' to her days." 

Hooks eyes softened as he listened to the story, your story.  When you stopped and looked at him expectedly he couldn't help but stare into your eyes for a second before snapping back into focus. He cleared his throat, not sure if this was what he wanted to do. 

"Once Upon a Time there was a gentleman turned pirate," he caught the eyebrow that you rose at him-urging him to continue "by the name of Killian Jones, but there wasn't a soul that he would share the name with, so he went by Hook." 

Once Upon a Time, there was a little girl who dreamed of sailing on a ship, a real life pirate ship. Though she never told that to anyone about her need, her desire to travel the world and have magic adventures. 

Once Upon a Time, there was a pirate who wasn't really a pirate. But he had a pirate ship so that made him a pirate captain. He also had a magic ship that could take him to far away fantasy lands. 

Once Upon a Time, the not so little girl who dreamed of going on an adventure on a pirate ship, met the pirate who just so happened to have a ship. 

Once Upon a Time, under the stars, the girl named (Name) took the chance and opened up to the pirate named Killian. 

Once Upon a Time, under the stars, the pirate named Killian decided that it would be ok to let his heart love again. 

Once Upon a Time, (Name) and Killian took a chance with each other. And this is only the beginning of the story between the girl who wanted to go on an adventure and the pirate who could take her wherever her heart desired. 

Yes I did just get lazy and end it like that sue me. IT'S NOT MY FAULT IT TURNED INTO A THOUSAND FREAKIN' WORDS. Hahah in a way this could be continued the next time I have some major Hook feels, but whatever I have a story for those purposes~ I can't guarantee that all selfie-week based chaps will all be this long, I kinda just go with the flow... Whoops. Dat pirate though/ he's probably hideously OOC I apologize Miki~ I hope this helped your Hook feels a little bit! And to everyone else I hope you enjoyed anyways! That gif is like everyone out there, head in the clouds as the take a chance and jump into love/ insert some other cheesy quote here/ or just say it's there because he's a sexy pirate.