MTT Resort

~Clover~

Clover growled, pacing around in a somewhat large room. She was walking around a large, comfortable bed. The lampshade light was shining into her face. While the whole Muffet business was happening, the kids had participated in another Mettaton shenanigan. However, Clover had almost killed Mettaton because he was testing her patience, so the kids had to quickly leave, dragging Clover with them. 

They were now staying in the MTT resort, but they had to share a room because every other room was booked out. Percy wasn't too happy about that. He opted to sleep on the floor.

Right now, Clover was the only one in the room... aside from her brother, Cody, who was passed out. He was lying on the bed, looking so... peaceful. Clover eyed him. She held back tears. She wasn't going to cry. Not now.

"Clover, come on," Melody opened the door, her arms folded. "You've been in there for twenty minutes. Come out here and-"

Clover cut her off with a deathly glare.

"Fine," Melody grumbled, taking a step back. "Stay in there."

"How's Cody going?" Brayden asked, popping his head in. Clover glared at him as well. He made a face and retracted his head backwards.

"Come on, let's go back to playing chess." Melody sighed, taking Brayden's arm. 

"But Faye keeps winning!" Brayden groaned. 

Clover didn't pay them any notice. Normally, she'd be nicer to her friends. Melody and Brayden both drove her up a wall, but... they had their moments. Melody could be... tolerable... sometimes. And Brayden was Brayden.

Clover heard Percy and Faye talking outside the door about something. 

"Faye... can you keep a secret?" Percy asked.

"Yeah..." Faye replied timidly.

"Well, you know how I spout random facts sometimes?" Percy asked. He sounded... genuinely nervous. "I was... secretly using the internet on my 5th iPhone to research half my dialogue. So... I don't actually know about that much stuff."

"I already knew that," Faye mumbled. A little louder, she said, "This conversation... is kind of random."

"I know, I can't socialise," Percy sighed. "Anyway, are Cody and Clover in that room?"

"Yep," Faye replied.

Clover opened the door and glared at them. Percy clung onto Faye. Clover didn't really want to scare those two, even though they just had the stupidest conversation in the whole fanfic. 

Faye was adorable. She was almost like a little sister. And Percy... Percy was just straight up weird. But... Clover couldn't really hate him. He seemed to be a nice guy underneath.

But even if Clover did really appreciate her friends, she just wanted to be alone with her brother. He was the only family she had left.

Disappointment was dragging her down. She couldn't protect him, and he'd almost died. He had overestimated himself again, and he almost died. He was tricked by a burst of confidence. It had happened before, and Clover knew it would happen again... she was angry. 

She was angry she didn't yell back at her brother. She knew how gullible he could be. She held back another sob. She wanted to decapitate that Muffet monster and all her spiders. How dare she. How dare she harm someone completely innocent.

And then there was the eighth human.

The eighth human... they had arrived at the MTT Resort, supporting an unconscious Cody. Their face was hidden. The kids put their green-souled friend on a bed in the room they'd booked, hoping he'd wake up. He hadn't yet.