Melody's Integrity

A/N: The scene at the end there is for a buddy of mine on fanfiction.net, Jinx198, who wrote a chapter about my story in his Grouptale story, because I drew him a picture. XD

Jinx's story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12695160/1/Grouptale-An-Undertale-AU-Remake

My drawing: http://fav.me/dbwxx5a

~Melody~

Melody paraded around her house, quivering with excitement. Tonight was the night of the ballet concert - the one she had been practicing for. She raced up to her parents, grinning.

"You guys are gonna be there, right?" she asked. "You promise?"

"Remember your manners." Melody's dad reminded her.

"I know!" Melody chorused. "Well, will you pretty please come to my concert? I'll try my very very best for you!"

"We'll be there!" Melody's brother yelled from the kitchen.

"Matthew! No yelling!" Melody's dad told his son off. 

Matthew rolled his eyes.

The time of the concert finally came. Melody stayed at school to rehearse. She was so excited she couldn't stop jumping.

"That's right," Melody whispered, cringing. "I was so childish..." The eighth human gave her a look. "Oh! You're so rude!"

Melody was wearing her favourite clothing for the performance. Not only her family, but her best friend, Percy, was attending the performance. Percy was so strange, but he was Melody's best friend. She wouldn't judge him.

"It was all such a big night," Melody sighed. "I was nervous and excited. I couldn't wait for everyone to see the show."

"Percy!" Melody found her best friend sitting in the audience. 

He was with one of his babysitters. Melody had lost track of all the babysitters he had. But it didn't bother her. Percy adjusted his glasses. They were way too big for his face. As usual, he had a book tucked under his arm.

"Salutations," he greeted. "I was researching the colloquial language of performers. Saying 'good luck' is contradictory in the theatre. Apparently it's bad luck. Instead, you must say 'break a leg'."

"Thanks, Percy," Melody bounced on her toes. "I'm so happy you came! Are Mom and Dad and Matthew here yet?"

"No," Percy said. He bit his lip. "But don't lose hope. They should still come."

"I was upset, but Percy was right," Melody whispered. "There was still plenty of time."

Some time later, Melody's family still wasn't at the performance. Melody was getting worried and upset. They were coming, right? Percy still seemed hopeful. But the performance was nearing. Her family was running out of time. Melody hoped they were just late.

Melody frowned. "But nobody came." The words startled the stick kid. Their eyes almost opened. "Are you okay?" 

The eighth human nodded. They gestured for her to continue. Melody nodded.

"Is my family here?" Melody asked her dance teacher. Her dance teacher frowned, creases appearing on her brow.

"Sorry, Melody," she apologized. "I haven't seen them all evening."

"But... they promised," Melody sniffled. She sounded upset. "They promised they would come."

"I'm sorry, I really haven't seen them," the dance teacher said, rubbing Melody's back. "But don't worry. Just get out there and enjoy yourself, sweetie, okay?"