An Ending

Is this how our story will end...

With the fallen child leaving friends?

...

"heya. is anyone there...? well, i'll just leave a message..."

"so... it's been a while. the queen returned, and is now ruling over the underground. she's instated a new policy... all the humans who fall here will not be treated as enemies... but as friends. it's probably for the best, anyway. all the human souls that fell down here just seem to have... disappeared. i tried calling all their phones, but they wouldn't even let me leave a voice message. this is the only one that's worked so far. this is the stick kid's phone, right? heh. rumours are saying everyone died except one human, and that one human managed to escape. i guess that must be you, kid... whoever you are."

"so yeah, people are pretty heartbroken over the king, and while things are, well... looking grim for our freedom, the queen's trying her best not to let us give up hope. so, uh, hey... if we're not giving up down here... don't give up wherever you are, ok? who knows how long it will take... but we will get out of here."

"SANS! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?"

"oh, nobody."

"WHAT?! NOBODY?! CAN I TALK TO THEM TOO?!"

"here, knock yourself out."

"WAIT A SECOND... I RECOGNIZE THIS NUMBER! IT'S THE HUMAN THAT DOESN'T TALK! OR IS IT THAT OTHER ONE WITH THE RIBBON? ISN'T HER NAME PERCY OR SOMETHING?"

"nope, it's the human that doesn't talk."

"... WHAT'S THEIR NAME AGAIN?"

"they don't talk, they never told us."

"OH RIGHT. ATTENTION, HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS... AM NOW CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD! IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DREAMED OF... EXCEPT, INSTEAD OF FIGHTING, WE JUST WATER FLOWERS. SO THAT'S EVER-SO-SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. AND, WE'RE HELPING DR. ALPHYS WITH HER RESEARCH! SHE'S GONNA FIND A WAY TO GET US OUT OF HERE. UNDYNE IS HELPING HER TOO! THOUGH, TO BE HONEST, HER METHOD OF HELPING... SEEMS KIND OF... EXPLOSION-INDUCING. BUT I THINK ALPHYS LIKES HAVING HER AROUND. UH OH!"

"Hey! What are you up to, punk? Ngahhh!"

"PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE PHONE."

"Hey! Who's in charge here?"

"ME."

"Oh... yeah, that's right! I quit my job as leader of the Royal Guard. Actually, since we won't be fighting anymore... the Royal Guard totally disbanded. There's, uh, only one member now."

"BUT HE'S EXTREMELY GOOD."

"Yeah! He is! C'mere!"

"PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE SKELETON."

"Anyways, now I'm working as Alphy's lab assistant. We're gonna find a way out of this dump once and for all! Oh, yeah, and I'm a gym teacher at the queen's new school. Did you know I can bench-press seven children? Awesome, right? I bet I could totally bench press you and all your friends!

"... Hey. I'm sorry about what happened with ASGORE... and your friends. You were just doing what you had to. It's not your fault he... ah, darn it. I miss the big guy. I bet you miss your friends. Thinking about it, so do I... come on, Undyne! Snap out of it!

"Uh, I guess I'll tell you how Alphys is doing. Well, she's the same as ever. Maybe a little more reclusive than normal. Seems like something's really bothering her... but she can get through it! I'm there supporting her! That's what friends are for, right?!