The RUINS

~Faye~

Faye was not feeling anymore brave. She wanted to go home and hide from the terrors of the world. But here she was, being dragged through the RUINS with her friends. She patiently went alongside them, but she didn't feel positive about it.

"Can we... call Toriel?" she suggested, gripping her toy knife. 

She didn't want to kill or be killed. She distracted herself by looking at the new area. There were piles of fun red leaves and a Froggit near a door. Melody was dancing through a pile of leaves, humming to herself. She was a good singer. 

The eighth human was standing around and doing pretty much nothing in the leaves. Then they walked away and stood near Faye.

"THERE'S CANDY IN THIS ROOM!" Brayden yelled cheerfully from that door.

"Don't take all of it, pardner!" Clover snapped back at him, entering the room. It sounded like they were bickering inside.

"Cut it out, you two!" Melody grumbled, storming into the room. She joined in on the arguing.

"If you want." Percy handed Faye the phone. 

He took more notes about something. The eighth human and Cody looked interested in calling the goat lady as well. Coincidentally, Toriel actually rung the kids just as they were about to ring her.

"Hello, this is TORIEL," she greeted. "Are you all there?"

"Uh, not all of us," Cody answered, chuckling sheepishly. "I'll go and get the others if you want, Toriel!"

"That would be splendid, my child." Toriel replied. 

So Cody left the group and entered the candy room. That left the three silent kids and Toriel.

"Nice day today," Faye commented after an awkward pause. "I love sunny days. Lots of animals are out and about, it makes me so happy."

"The sun is good for your skin," Percy agreed. "However, only in small doses for vitamin D. Any more and you'll get a sunburn, your skin will be internally scarred, and will eventually, if put under enough pressure, get some kind of skin cancer."

"You are all funny children," Toriel laughed. "It is a pleasure to have you all."

"Thanks, I'm classic comedy!" Brayden replied, popping in between Percy and Faye. Percy looked disgusted but Faye didn't mind.

"More like classic catastrophe," Melody retorted, Clover and Cody standing near her. "What did you want to say, Toriel?"

"Ah, you children have not left the room, have you...?" Toriel asked with concern. "There are a few puzzles ahead that I have yet to explain. It would be dangerous to try to solve them by yourselves."

"I'm sure we can handle it, Ms. Toriel." Brayden replied confidently. Faye didn't really agree, but she kept quiet.

"Well... be good, alright?" Toriel replied. She was about to hang up.

"Wait!" Faye squeaked, almost dropping her toy knife again. "Don't go yet! Um... I just wanted to say, uh... hi!" 

She almost said Mom. She missed Mom. Her aunt was great and smart and awesome, but she wasn't Mom. Faye probably wouldn't see Mom again. Or Dad, either.

"You only wanted to say hello?" Toriel asked. She chuckled. "Well then, hello, my child."

"Hi," Faye replied. Everyone was looking at her again. "It's a nice day today. I like nice days."