Etiam in Morte, Superest amor Part. 1

Frisk walked out of the elevator, swiftly destroying the door as they left so the other kids were truly trapped in the lab. They kept their head down, darkness welling inside them. If anything stood in their way, it would die. Frisk was not holding back for anyone anymore. It was the end.

Frisk made it back to the throne room. They walked through the golden flowers. Black goop dribbled out of their left eye again. They continued walking, until they approached the Barrier. They entered, seeing ASGORE stand before them, his back facing them.

"This is the Barrier," he said. "This is what keeps us all trapped underground." He paused. "If... if by chance you have any unfinished business... please... do what you must."

Frisk held their head up. It was too late to go back.

"... I see..." Asgore sighed. "This is it, then." He turned around, the empty glass containers appearing beside him. He raised his brow. "... where did all the other humans go?"

Frisk held up their sword, a dark look on their face.

"... you seem very eager to fight," Asgore commented, sounding concerned. "Aren't you worried about your friends?"

Frisk took a step towards Asgore, still holding out their sword.

"... child..." Asgore almost sounded... afraid. "That look on your face... the way you are holding that sword... you... you've done something horrible, haven't you...?"

Frisk was about to shove their sword through Asgore's chest, but suddenly the King was blasted away by a fistful of fiery magic. Toriel appeared, her hand still faintly glowing. She gave a disdainful glance at the fallen king.

"What a miserable creature," she sighed. "Torturing such poor, innocent... youth... s...?" She realised only Frisk was there. "Oh! Greetings, my child. It is, I, TORIEL, your friend and guardian. I am glad to see you alive and well, but... where are the other humans?"

Frisk didn't respond.

"..." Toriel looked worried. "You... know where they are, right?"

Frisk's face was darkened.

"Tori..." Asgore gasped, standing up. "You came back!"

"Do not 'Tori' me, Dreemurr!" Toriel snapped, focusing her attention on the king. "You pathetic whelp. If you really wanted to free our kind... you could've waited for one more human to fall down, used their SOUL to pass the barrier, collect six SOULs from the humans and freed everyone in peace."

Asgore looked down. "Tori... you're right... I am a miserable creature... but, do you think we can at least be friends again?"

Toriel sighed. "NO, Asgore."

Asgore began to sob.

"Nggaaaaahhhhh!" Undyne yelled, suddenly appearing. "ASGORE! Humans! Nobody fight each other! Everyone's gonna make friends, or else I'll... I'll....!" She made a face. "Hey, wait, why's only one kid here?!"

"Hello," Toriel smiled at Undyne. "I am TORIEL. Are you a friend of the humans? It is nice to meet you."

Undyne grinned nervously. "Uhh, yeah...? Nice to meet you!" She waddled over to Asgore, a sympathetic look in her eyes. "Hey, Asgore, is that your ex? Jeez, that's rough, buddy."

"H-hey!" Alphys shrieked, also appearing. "Nobody hurt each other!" She glanced at Frisk. She looked confused. "Why are o-only you there? I thought you guys all got ou-"

"Oh!" Toriel gasped. "Are you another friend?" She smiled. "I am TORIEL. Hello!"

"Uh, h-h-hi!" Alphys squeaked. She gave Frisk a look. "(THERE'S TWO OF THEM?)"