The Fallen Angel Pt. 2

~Chara~

Chara never thought they would come to appreciate a group of humans. Chara, usually, couldn't stand other members of their own species. Especially Frisk.

But... after following the group around, Chara could see... that some humans weren't so bad. 

Chara remembered the times they had managed to physically appear in front of the humans. When they spoke to Percy and Cody... and when they appeared in Snowdin Forest, and Frisk chased after them... and then Frisk almost killed themself and Brayden. And the time in Waterfall, when Chara appeared in a puddle below Frisk's feet.

And at the very beginning, just before everyone fell Underground...

Chara pictured the scene near MTT Resort. They were floating nearby the bridge, gazing at Frisk. Frisk was watching them on the edge of said bridge. Frisk seemed like they were going to jump off and grab Chara, once again almost killing themself in the process. Thank goodness for Clover.

"Frisk is concealing their identity," Chara mumbled, watching the group through a window. They scoffed. "I should have realised it sooner. I am not surprised by their cowardice."

A voice gurgled behind them. It belonged to a man that was slowly melting away. Gaster. Chara glared at him.

"Not even you can change anything," Chara responded. "You are non-existent. And the world functions perfectly without you, does it not?"

They had a sad smile on their face.

"Yet... you could still exist," Chara added. "But... this timeline is messed up enough already. Do you think we want you there as well, causing mishaps?"

Gaster replied with a wave of his hands. Chara frowned.

"Frisk and I are not mishaps," they replied. "We are just at each other's throats. We are both here for our own reasons. Reasons that relate yet oppose each other."

Gaster glitched.

Chara smiled, their expression darkening. "Lying is lovely, is it not? Our determination can mould so much. Look what it did to Percy. With some of my assistance... he became something powerful that saved his friends. Look what it did to Frisk. Look what it did to you." Chara stared at Gaster, a glimmer in their eye. "You almost came back."

Gaster stared at Chara. They looked away.

"All the timelines Frisk and I have seen, never have we been to one like this," they said. "Everyone is here. Frisk. The fallen humans. Me. You. Asriel..." They looked down. "Ha ha. What a shame... what a shame it is all going to waste."

Gaster made a noise.

"How did this all happen...?" Chara stared at Gaster. "Well... it is a long story... but now, I am only here for one reason. To SAVE the world."

They looked through the mirror into ASGORE's home. They could see Frisk watching them. Chara's smile widened.

Despite everything, it's still you.

"Frisk..." they said darkly. "Do not worry. I promise I will kill you."

...

Frisk's eyes widened. They choked up. They pulled out their sword and shattered the mirror. They could still hear Chara's voice ringing in their ears.

Chara seemed to like that. They then skipped ahead to when Frisk was entering the Void with the other humans. Chara smirked.

Finally, the truth would be revealed.