A Beautiful Day

A/N: More violence... 

Faye and Frisk were staring at each other. They were a distance apart.

Faye had a sad look on her face. She was hugging herself, her lip trembling.

"You are different than everyone else," a raspy, unusual voice told Faye. Faye was very young. She was wearing a dress and her hair was down. Her ribbon was brand-new. She stared at a child ahead of her who was completely grey. Their eyes were hidden by hair.

"W... who are you?" she asked. They almost looked... familiar.

"I am a giver of powers," the child responded. "It is because of me that a friend of yours may spontaneously develop some kind of superhuman ability on your journey."

"W-what...?" Faye asked. "'Journey'...?"

"It surprises me that you are confused," the child commented, tilting their head. "Should you not already know about the journey?"

"Um..." Faye looked away. "Well... I had this weird dream where I was... climbing up a mountain with B-Brayden, this nice kid and some other kids...?"

"Well..." the child had a strange look on their face. "That is part of the journey. You will understand more later on."

"... okay..." Faye replied. She was very confused. She didn't even know where she was right now!

"Fear not, young one," the grey child said. "Or perhaps, fear very much. I have not told you everything yet. You are different from the others. You do not need my help to acquire powers. You are one of the lucky SOULs that already has them."

"W-what...?" Faye's eyes widened.

"I know you can predict the future, but I also believe you can do something related to time... and another power that I really know nothing about." the child replied.

"Something related to time..." Faye mumbled. 

Suddenly, present Faye remembered the Sans fight. She'd had a plan. She watched Frisk, who was about to fall off the wall. As they did, she held out her hand. Time slowed down, eventually stopping. Frisk was hovering in mid-air. Sans was frozen. Everyone was frozen. Faye turned towards the wall of bones. She had to be quick. This power only lasted a few seconds. She held out her other hand. The bones turned cyan. The colour of her soul. Now that they were cyan, she could make them disappear.

"I... I can't tell anyone about this..." Faye looked down at her feet, trembling. The grey child tilted their head.

"Why?" they asked, somewhat incredulous.

"They'll all think I'm... a monster..." she said. She could see it in her head. "I'm some... crazy... witch, a terrible person..." She wiped her eyes, feeling almost ashamed. "Nothing good will happen to me."

"Hmm," the child sounded thoughtful. "Understandable, but I should hope you change your mind. If they find out by themselves... then well..." They had a dark look on their face. "It will not end well for you."

Faye shoved Cody out, below Frisk. She took a breath, and then time resumed. Everything was going to be okay.

"I'll... keep that in mind..." Faye said. "Thank you." She looked at the child. She bit her lip. "Your name... is... Chara, right?"

"Yes," Chara replied. "I am 'Chara', the fallen human." They paused. "Do not forget my words. Don't forget what you are fighting for, human."

Faye stared at Frisk, hugging herself. She didn't want it to come to this. She didn't want to hurt that child. Despite everything... she couldn't get their smiling face and kind words out of mind. They had meant so much to her. She didn't want to believe they were a horrible person.