ASGORE

-Frisk-

Finally, the end had come. The kids walked towards the throne room, ready to meet the king... and slaughter him to save the world.

"Y'all ready?" Clover asked, eyeing the others.

"Yep!" Brayden grinned, flexing his arm. He was looking much better compared to the day before.

"No," Melody admitted. She sighed. "But we don't have a choice, do we?"

Cody smiled sadly. "No, I don't think we do..."

"But we're almost home..." Faye said quietly. She had a glint in her eyes. "That's good, if anything."

"YEAH!" Brayden grinned, lightly punching her shoulder. She blushed.

"We have to do what we have to do." Percy added. 

Frisk nodded in agreement.

The kids finally walked through the door. They were greeted with a large garden full of golden flowers and a throne in the centre of the room. Asgore was standing in front of the kids, his back facing towards them, watering the flowers. He was humming a soft tune to himself.

"HEY YOU!" Brayden yelled at Asgore. "TURN AROUND AND FIGHT US!"

"Huh...?" Asgore asked, turning around. With horror, he realised who he was talking to. His hands trembled, and he almost dropped his watering can. He took a few steps back, a frown on his face. "Oh."

"That's right," Brayden flexed. "You're not ready for these guns!"

"Brayden, please..." Melody sighed. 

Clover stepped forward, interrupting the both of them.

"You already know why we're here, Asgore," she said. Her tone darkened as she gripped her pistol. "Do ya really think Chara's gonna save you? Well, they ain't. And secondly..." She held up her pistol. "I don't have anythin' against you, pardner, but if you wanna save the world... you're gonna have to die."

Asgore frowned, his expression dark.

"Then I suppose we do not have a choice," he said. "This way." 

He walked north. The kids followed him, grim expressions on their faces. They entered the room before the Barrier. It brought back nostalgia from the very first room they landed in. 

The room from so long ago... Frisk almost felt themself choke up. 

How long had it been...?

Their thoughts were interrupted when Clover brought them aside for a moment.

"Kid," her voice was serious and her grip was shaky. "I... I was gonna volunteer myself to be the one to take Asgore's soul and go to the surface, but... honestly, I think you'd do a better job. You are the group leader, after all, aren't ya? And besides... it just feels right seeing you go back up there." 

Frisk shrugged, giving a brief nod. Clover grinned at them.

"So you'll do it?" she asked.

Frisk nodded, confirming their answer. Yet on the inside, they felt guilty again. They were straight up lying about all of this. No one was going to the surface ever again.

Clover patted their shoulder.

"Thanks, kiddo," she said. "You're the best." She put her arm around their shoulder. "Now we've got a world to save."

"I did not want it to come to this," Asgore sighed, standing before the entrance to the barrier. "... take as long as you need. If you all are not ready, I understand. I am not ready either." He walked through the entrance to the barrier.