Heartache

"You want to leave so badly?" Toriel asked. 

She wasn't facing the kids. Instead, she was facing a purple door with that symbol on it. It was surrounded by purple walls. 

"Hmph," she scoffed. "This is foolish. There is only one solution to this..." She sounded like she was holding back tears. "Prove yourselves... Prove to me you are all strong enough to survive." 

She turned around, the lights going out. Faye felt awful again.

"I... We don't wanna fight!" Cody sniffled. 

"I won't argue with the cowgirl or Melody again, I promise!" Brayden added. 

"Toriel, we don't have to fight," Melody spoke up. "You yourself said it's not right." 

But Toriel wasn't listening. She stared at the kids with intense, red eyes. The eighth human had their head down... were they regretting something? 

Toriel blocks the way! 

Percy was examining her status.

"ATK - 80, DF - 80," he said, taking notes. "The strongest monster we've encountered so far. According to the text box, she knows best for us." 

Faye had to agree with that. Toriel was a great mom. But right now, Faye didn't want to be scared of Toriel. She wasn't going to argue or fight back like the others. No. She had a different plan. She was going to stop Toriel from fighting by doing nothing at all.

Toriel took a deep breath. She made fireballs like the one that hit Flowey rain from everywhere. Everyone scrambled to avoid them. But Faye didn't. She stood still, letting them hit her. Her HP went down to 13. She tried not to flinch. She had a plan.

"What the heck, Faye?!" Brayden asked. "Move or you'll get hit!" But Faye didn't move. She kept standing still in the same place.

"Look ma'am, I don't wanna hurtcha," Clover told Toriel, holding out her gun. "But if you don't stop now I'll have ta." The eighth human shook their head at her. "You really don't like hurting monsters, do ya?"

"Toriel, I'm sorry!" Cody whimpered. "If we made you upset, then I'm sorry! I don't want to fight you anymore!" 

The eighth human simply spared her and non-verbally encouraged the others to do the same. Toriel brought down another wave of flames. They were shaped like an hourglass. Percy was figuring out a strategy to avoid them. The eighth human just flowed around them like they did it for breakfast. They didn't get hit at all. They seemed to be more worried about making sure the others didn't get hurt.

Faye still didn't move. Her HP dropped to 7. She didn't say anything. She just held onto her toy knife and faded ribbon. 

Toriel prepares a magical attack

The kids (even a hesitant Clover) spared Toriel again, causing the goat lady to look confused. Faye stayed still as Toriel unleashed her next attack. Her HP was 3. Brayden was glaring at her. So was everyone else.

"Faye, ya need to move." Clover told her.

"You'll get hurt!" Cody agreed.

"It's most likely you'll die." Percy added. Faye didn't say anything. She just stayed still. Toriel unleashed another attack. Faye still didn't move. The eighth human leaped in front of her, protecting her from Toriel's attacks. 

Toriel is acting aloof.

"What are you doing?" Toriel asked discontentedly.

"MOVE, FAYE!" Brayden yelled at her.