Memory

~Melody~

Melody opened her eyes. The eighth human, despite being shaky, had managed to gather enough strength to pull her back. Melody sighed in relief. Undyne had instead grabbed Monster Kid, who was also hiding in the seagrass. Undyne dropped them and stormed off in disappointment. The kids then left the seagrass. Everyone aside from Melody, Faye and Cody had some kind of injury. And Monster Kid, who wasn't involved at all. The humans stared at each other in horror. Especially Melody. She couldn't stop shivering. That was close.

"Yo... did you guys see that?!" Monster Kid asked, running around in little circles. "Undyne just... TOUCHED me! I'm never washing my face again...! Man, are you guys unlucky. If you were standing just a little bit to the left...! Yo, don't worry! I'm sure we'll see her again." 

They raced off. 

"Oh, no," Cody looked disappointed. "I... I don't have enough food to heal everyone..." 

The eighth human shook their head, as if saying, it's okay. They walked backwards, entering another room. It was a room with a table. On that table was a slice of cheese covered in a pink crystal. A mouse hole was in the wall. An echo flower was beside it. The eighth human stood there for a moment. Suddenly, they were miraculously healed.

"How does that work?!" Brayden asked, staring at them. 

Even Melody had to agree that power was a little strange. How could they do that? There was so much about them the kids didn't know... and there was something odd about this world too, like what Percy said... was something going on?

The eighth human didn't look worried. 

"There's ice-cream ahead...?" Clover asked. She rubbed her injured shoulder. "That'll be swell!" 

The kids left the room... well, not before checking out the squeaky mouse. They found Sans standing beside a telescope and a box. There was a wooden entrance leading to somewhere. Melody didn't really feel like talking to Sans, especially since he and Faye would probably make more awful puns.

Faye, indeed, stayed behind to make awful puns with Sans. Everyone else went into the wooden entrance to purchase Nice Cream. It was a small room. The Nice Cream bunny was sitting on one side of the room. The other side had a box.

The Nice Cream Guy sighed, "I relocated my store, but-"

"GIMME AN ICE-CREAM!" Brayden yelled, shaking his fist.

"Customers! Alright!" the Nice Guy cheered. "That'll be 25G each!"

"Did'ja raise the price?" Clover asked, raising her brow. 

The eighth human was already holding out the gold. Melody wondered where they got that from. Maybe she should stop wondering so much. They did save her life, after all. They saved everyone.

They bought three Nice Creams... and got three punch cards, so they got another Nice Cream. They gave it to Melody.

"Oh..." Melody accepted the Nice Cream. She smiled. "Thank you." 

Then the eighth human bought two more for Faye and Cody, even though they didn't need them. Melody guessed they did it out of courtesy. Melody noticed they didn't eat a lot like Percy. They were strange like that. But they were so nice at the same time. Melody had never met a person such as them.

Brayden, Clover and Percy ate their Nice Creams. Their wounds healed. Melody smiled at them, glad her friends were better. Then the kids left and went outside. Faye was still talking to Sans. They were laughing a lot.

"heh heh..." Sans chuckled. He gazed at the other kids. "your friend is pretty faye-bulous." Faye blushed and waved it off. "can i keep her?"