Etiam in Morte, Superest amor Part. 2

Trigger warning for violence!

...

The kids approached Frisk from all angles. Frisk kept their head down, gripping their sword. The monsters were rooted to their spots, behind a wall of HATE. There was nothing they could do. They could only watch in horror.

Clover held up her gun, baring her teeth.

"I always had a feelin' about ya, kid," she growled. "I should've acted earlier. You're barely a human."

Frisk suddenly saw Chara standing in front of them, repeating the same words.

"You are barely a human."

Frisk held up their shield, defending themself from Clover's bullets. They looked behind them and Brayden was charging towards them, holding out his fists.

"YOU JERK!" he bellowed. "I'LL KILL YOU!"

Frisk used their sword as a vault and leaped into the air. They landed far away from the kids. They summoned a few spears and threw them at their former friends.

"Look out!" Melody shrieked. 

The group jumped in different directions, avoiding the spears. Percy was having a panic attack on the ground. His notes were scattered all around him.

"YOU THINK I'M SCARED OF YOU?!" Brayden yelled at Frisk, holding up his fists.

Frisk turned and stared at him. They held up their sword.

"THAT'S RIGHT!" Brayden yelled. "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT, PUNK!"

The punk that was his friend...

Frisk summoned a Gaster Blaster. They unleashed its energy onto the boy. If it wasn't for Melody shoving him out of the way, he would've been obliterated.

"YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME?!" Brayden stood up, glaring at Frisk. 

Clover stood next to him, firing at the eighth human. They shielded themself again. Brayden stepped forward, his bandanna blowing in the wind.

"Brayden, be careful!" Melody said warningly.

"Death... death chance high..." Percy muttered, examining all his notes.

Brayden was giving Frisk a harsh glare, his fists clenched.

"You know, kid..." he looked down for a moment. "The thing is..." He looked up and bellowed. "I REALLY CARED ABOUT YOU! I REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND! EVERYONE'S FRIEND!"

Frisk didn't react.

"I REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A GOOD PERSON!" Brayden bellowed, his voice cracking. "I REALLY THOUGHT... I..." He paused again. "I... I thought you understood... I thought you knew everything, like... some kind of role model..." He sighed, staring at his feet. "I thought you were a hero, Frisk."

Brayden suddenly looked up again, fists clenched and eyes wide. "BUT YOU'RE JUST A COWARD!"

His fists glowed orange, as well as his eyes, much like in the ASGORE fight.

"AND I HATE COWARDS!" Brayden yelled. He held out his glowing fists. "I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT IT MEANS WHEN YOU MESS WITH MY FRIENDS!"

Frisk tilted their head. They held out their hands, and their sword melted onto their arms, turning into gloves that fitted neatly onto their hands. Red, glowing gloves that seemed strong enough to break through rock. Brayden put his fist in his palm.

"Brayden, I'm really not sure about this!" Melody exclaimed, folding her arms.

Brayden gave her a thumbs up.