Megalomaniac

~Frisk~

The kids walked through the Judgement Hall, pale lighting shimmering against the golden pillars. The windows were decorated with pictures of the Fallen Angel. Two statues of the Fallen Angel were nearby the exit of the hall. Gold glimmered all around them.

"How pretty..." Faye admired the windows. Frisk had to admit, even though they had seen this hall countless times, they could still admire its beauty.

"Does anyone else have a bad feelin' 'bout all of this?" Clover asked, folding her arms.

"No way!" Brayden responded, holding up a shaky fist. "Because wh-whatever comes at us, we can t-take it!"

Frisk simply smiled.

Percy clenched tightly onto his notebook. Even tighter than before. Melody hugged herself, and Cody held up his pan. Brayden was twitching. Clover had her head down, hand on her pistol. Faye had a melancholic look in her eyes. Frisk walked ahead of everyone, keeping their head high. They had to stay confident and determined. They couldn't afford to be weak.

"Sans..." Faye spoke up quietly, pointing at a silhouette ahead. 

Sans' silhouette. Bells chimed. Frisk stood in front of their friends. It was time.

Time for judgement.

"So you finally made it," Sans said. He sounded... different. "The end of your journey is at hand. In a few moments, you will all meet the king. Together... you will determine the future of this world."

Yet, Frisk wasn't afraid. They had stopped their friends from murdering any monsters. The kids would only receive good judgement. However... Frisk knew, if the world was destroyed, it didn't really matter what route they took. But Frisk wanted a pacifist route. Their favourite. They wanted to be happy for one last time...

"That's then." Sans said. "Now." He paused. "You will be judged. You will be judged for your every action. You will be judged for every EXP you've earned, both as individuals and a group."

"EXP...?" Cody asked.

"Experience Points." Clover answered.

"Similar," Sans replied. "It stands for 'Execution Points'. A way of quantifying the pain you have inflicted on others. When you kill someone, your EXP increases. When you have enough EXP, your LOVE increases. LOVE, too, is an acronym. It stands for 'Level of Violence'. A way of measuring someone's capacity to hurt. The more you kill, the easier it becomes to distance yourself. The more you distance yourself, the less you will hurt. The more easily you can bring yourself to hurt others."

"This world..." Clover looked inquisitive. "It's just like a video game. Everything from killing to 'level up', eatin' and healin', weapons... HP, Gold... Determination..." she paused. "And we're the players."

"We are the ones who will decide the fate of the whole world," Percy concluded. "That's the job of the player."

Frisk tensed up. Player. SAVE points. Determination. This really was some kind of video game.

But Frisk had never been a player. They had only been a puppet.

"And you... you can save and load, can't ya?" Clover asked Frisk, her arms folded. "Since this is all just like a video game."

Frisk nodded slowly.

"heh..." Sans stared at the children. "there's no player in this timeline, kids. and if there was... there's only one player." He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. The kids glanced at each other.