Kleinsen- Bad Boy AU pt3

Have you guys seen Will preform 'Goin Viral'? It's amazing

Warnings: Mentions of sex, homophobia, low key angst with a dash of fluff. Also keep in mind this is an AU, so some characters (Alana) are different too.

Jared opened his eyes, smiling to himself as he glanced over at Evans sleeping figure. He took his phone, squinting at the brightness before taking a picture using the little amount of light in the room.

He studied the photo, smiling to himself. He's so fucking adorable.

Jared glanced at the time, and panicked.

"Evan? Bud, uh, school starts in twenty minutes."

Evan shot up in bed, a look of panic in his eyes as he sprung out of bed, grabbing the first thing he saw in his closet. He put everything on, not caring at the moment that Jared could see him.

He rushed out of the room to go get breakfast, leaving a flustered Jared behind. Jared tried to snap out of it, grabbing one of Evans sweaters as he put on his ripped jeans.  He threw on the sweater and struggled into his shoes as quickly as he could.

"You good?" Evan asked, poking his head in. "I'm sorry, I'm just, I'm just, fuck, I hate being late, and we, we are, I'm gonna-"

"Hey. It's okay. We can totally make it, trust me." Evan tried to take a breath, but it came out shaky. Jared noticed and grabbed their backpacks, slinging them over his shoulder.

"I have enough money for our lunches, so that's all good. Now come on, I can drive us to school. We aren't that far." Jared gave Evan a calming smile, grabbing his hand and kissing it. "Come on. I promise everything will be fine."

Everything was not fine.

They made it to school and parted ways. Evan stayed in the shadows as he always did, and Jared stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Woah, woah. What the fuck are you wearing?" Jared's 'friend', Alana, asked. She handed her Starbucks to one of her 'minions' as she studied Jared.

"Oh my god. Is that Evan Hansen's sweater?" She gave Jared a slyful look. "Wow girls. Looks like our man finally got laid."

"No, I didn't Alana." Jared rolled his eyes. "I just slept over at his house and borrowed his sweater."

"Uh huh. Sure. Of course!" Alana said, clearly not believing him. She grabbed the Starbucks from one of the minions, giving a secret look to one of them.

The girl pretended to look for something before giving Jared a pleading look.

"Hey, Jared? Could I borrow your phone for a second? I forgot mine at home and if I don't text my mom, she'll flip."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure." Jared handed the girl his phone, turning back to to Alana as they bickered more.

The girl found what she needed, and sent the photo to Alana, deleting the evidence.

"Thank you! Sorry."

"Nah, it's all good. Now Alana, am I free to go?"

Alana rolled her eyes. "I guess." She smirked to herself as Jared walked away, unaware that he'd just ruined his and Evans reputation.

"Jared?" Jared looked up at the weak voice, standing up instantly.

"Evan? What's wrong? What happened?"

Evans breath hitched. "How could you? I though, I though, I trusted you. We didn't even, I wouldn't. Why?" His voice broke several times, so overwhelmed he couldn't focus his words.

Jared's heart sunk. He didn't know what he did, but he regretted it. "What are you taking about?" Only now did Jared realized all eyes were on them in the cafeteria. "Come on, can we go talk somewhere private?"

Evan nodded, walking quickly out of the cafeteria and to an empty hallway.

Jared ran a hand through his hair. "Okay, what happened?"

Evan took out his phone, handing it to Jared. Jared scrolled through the dozens of hateful messages Evan was getting, and finally his eyes stopped at an image. He clicked it, and his eyes widened in horror as he recognized it.

It was the photo he'd taken of Evan, but it now had a Snapchat caption under it.

This guy gives the best BJs

Jared's face turned pale as he realized what happened. "Evan, I didn't, I would never. Holy fuck. I'm so, I'm so fucking sorry. Oh god." Jared's eyes began to water, and he quickly wiped them away. "Fuck."

"I'm sorry." Evan let out weakly.

"Hey, don't you dare be fucking sorry. This is not your fault." Evan studied the ground, tears falling down his face.

"I probably, I probably ruined your reputation, and and-"

"I don't care about that." Jared said, cutting him off. "Fuck my reputation. I care about you, Evan."

He glanced at Evans phone again, taking a shaky breath as Evan nervously waited for his response.

"Come on. Let's get you home, okay? You've been through enough today." Jared placed a hand on Evans shoulder, leading him to his car. "Tomorrow I'll get that little bitch back. Fucking Alana. Fuck."

Evan nodded, weakly smiling as they walked to Jared's car. Jared stopped him just before they reached it, holding Evan close.

"I'm so sorry. I'll make this all better, I promise."

Evan hoped so.