1

sage -

ive lived in new york my whole life. i just turned 19. finished my first year of college. i want to move to Los Angeles, been my dream for as long as I can remember. but i was an only child. my only real friend was alexis but she moved to Texas the beginning of senior year. we still talk but not as often.

my parents knew i was planning on moving out. they know L.A. is my dream city. but i didn't know anybody who lived out there or anyone who would want to move out there.

so i started checking social media. i found a few but one caught my eye

  • 18+
• based is east LA
• 5 guys currently living in household
• willing to have mixed schedules
• be friendly
• room is already set and furnished
• pay your half of utilities/rent
email if interested
- jackavery99@gmail.com-

so i emailed. i sent basic information. the name sounded familiar but i didn't think anything of it.

i decided to start packing anyway. i had my own car so i was going to drive there. road trip! i played music while i packed up all my clothes. i packed almost everything when my phone dinged. it was a email back from the guy.

Hi Sage. Yes , we are still looking for a roommate. We have all talked it over and we would love to have you be our roommate. here's my number, text me when you can and we can talk this over more! * random number *

i had the biggest smile on my face. i was moving to my dream city. i texted the number immediately.

sage- hello this is sage
jack- ah yes hello im jack
sage- hi jack so can you tell me more about your other 4 roommates?
jack- yes of course, we are all best friends basically brothers and we have a huge house but it's only us 5
sage- you make it sound lonely
jack- if you get alone time in this house that's just luck
sage- maybe im rethinking this offer
sage- kidding!
jack- you got jokes. how soon do you think you can make it out here?
sage- uhhh 2 days maybe? i could leave sometime tomorrow
jack- perfect! text me if you want to know anything else :)

i left him on read and basically squealed. it was only 8pm and i was only half way done packing. i decided to get up and tell my parents

i walked into their room and sat on the bed and told them I'll be leaving tomorrow. they weren't sad or mad or anything. more excited. they have been on my side about moving since the beginning. i gave them both hugs and walked back to my room finish packing. all that was needed now with my bathroom stuff and my bed sheets and pillows and some more clothes from my drawers.

i ran down to the garage to get a few more boxes because i started to run out. when i had walked down into the garage, I found a old Christmas picture of me, my mom and my dad. i smiled and grabbed it. i knew i was going to need a few more pictures of them with me.  so i started searching for any old photo albums that I thought would be in the garage. i found one and took it back to my room with me.

i finished packing majority of my stuff into the last few boxes. i left out some comfy clothes and one basic casual one for when i was going to meet my new roommates. i put those clothes into a duffel bag and took my stuff down to my car. by the time i finished i looked at my phone and it was 11. i sighed and wiped the sweat from my forehead. my back seat is packed, my duffle bag set in the passenger seat. i locked my car and went up to my room. i took a shower and layed in my bed. thinking how crazy it is that im going to do a 41 hour drive to L.A. all by myself and move in with people i don't even know. as i was getting ready to fall asleep my phone dinged.

jack- youre probably asleep but the guys and i just wanted to let you know that we can meet up at some place when you get into town. have a safe drive. goodnight :)

i smiled to myself but didn't reply.