Blame

Kennedy
I gently turn the door knob, before opening the door. I kept my phone in my hand, holding it tighter as the door opens.

"I'll be back soon," I tell Paris with a weak voice. She nods, quickly hugging me. I see Aaron looking down, he glances up at me with puffy red eyes.

I walk out of the room, seeing Shawn's body resting against the hallway. I approach him, hiding my face.

He turns, without saying anything he hugs me. I didn't hug back, I didn't want to show any sign of affection. Just because Aaron did, doesn't mean I will.

I just cover my face with both hands, leaning on his chest. "Ready?" he whispers in a tired voice.

"Yeah," I whisper. I walk with him to the elevator, then out of the lobby. There is a McDonald's at the edge of the street, so we just walked.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, looking ahead of me.

"You need a break, from everything. I don't know what you've been through but I understand that it has been tough. It made you who you were today and Aaron can't just tear you down just like that," Shawn tells me.

"Yeah, you're right," I sigh.

"It'll work out in the end," he assures me.

"Maybe," I say.

We walk with a small conversation to the building. Shawn opens the door, standing there for me to walk in first.

"Thank you," I smile, walking in. He follows behind, looking at the empty restaurant.

"You hungry?" he asks, I shake my head with a smile.

"Maybe just a frozen coke?" I reply.

"Yeah sure," he smiles, "pick any seat you want I'll be there in a second."

I nod, then look around. We aren't sitting in a romantic booth, I think to myself. I decide to sit at where the stools and tall tables are.

I take a seat, checking my phone. I hear Shawn's voice faintly in the background ordering. I look at Aaron's Instagram account. He posted a few minutes ago, I click on it. It is a photo of me and him, he captioned it as.

Aaroncarpenter - I'm really sorry 💔

I frown, he should have thought first before he did what he did.

Shawn walks over to the table with the two large frozen cokes. Handing me one, I thank him.

"Anytime," he says. I show him my phone, the photo. He rolls his eyes, "you aren't even tagged in it."

"I know," I huff. I scroll through the comments, most of them were asking what happened. But one stands out to me.

GabrielleLouis I guess the movie wasn't good enough

I know that name, he's the guy we ordered tickets from. I laugh at the comment, hearing it. I return my attention to Shawn, who is swirling around his straw.

"Thank you," I say again.

"It's okay, you don't need to thank me," he sips his drink.

"Sorry," I anxiously laugh.

I check the time, 12:37. "Do we have MagCon today?"

"Nope, we have plane flights," he groans.

"I don't want to sit next to him," I say honestly. Shawn nods, understanding.

"Sit at the window, next to Paris," he helps.