New Friends

Kennedy
As we walk into Taylor's house, the smell of alcohol burns my nose. Aaron grabs my hand, pulling me into the direction of the group.

I notice a girl that hasn't been in the group before. She has long light brown hair that was in a messy ponytail. She is wearing a cool Nirvana shirt with holes in the corner. As well as some plain jeans and adidas superstars. She has a nice light tanned skin tone, and a good body.

Aaron greeted the group, I noticed the girl giving Aaron a weird look. I ignored it, and just said hi to the group.

"Guys, this is Paris," Taylor introduced us to her.

"Hey," she waves. We make eye contact and I smile.

"Nice to meet you, uh, Paris," Aaron says awkwardly.

"Yeah, you too," Paris gives him another odd look.

"Let's dance," Aaron turns to me. I nod, following him to an empty space. Some upbeat song is blasting through the speakers inside.

I look at Aaron, who kept looking at Paris. I frown, feeling like he's hiding something.

"Have you met her before?" I ask. He quickly looks down at me shaking his head.

"Who, Paris? No," he widens his eyes, still shaking his head.

"Then why do you keep looking at her like that," I question, crossing my arms.

"Don't worry," he says calmly.

"I'm getting a drink," I sigh. Aaron gives me a sad look before I walk away.

I make my way to the kitchen, where there's couples making out, people chugging bottles of vodka but failing, and people alone picking at food.

I pour myself a drink, mixing whatever looked nice. I feel someone walk behind me then stand next to me, Matthew.

"Oh hey," I smile at him, he returns one.

"Hello stranger," he smirks. He looks down at my drink, giving it a weird look.

"It's spiked, whatever the blue stuff is," Matthew says pointing at my drink.

"Really?" I ask, picking it up.

"Yep, never trust party drinks," he laughs sarcastically.

"Well, I need it," I let out a small laugh.

"What why?" he leans on the table.

"Aaron and this girl Paris have a history that he's not telling me," I explain. I pull the cup up to my lips before sculling most of it.

"History? They used to be best friends, but they got into a huge argument," he shrugged.

"About what?" I furrow my eyebrows together.

"Aaron wanted to be more, but she had a thing for Taylor and kindly rejected him. I guess he took it the wrong way," Matt explains, I nod my head.

"Oh," is all I say.

"I wouldn't worry about it though, I doubt they'll become friends again," he smiles at me.

"Be careful, stay away from creepy guys, I'm going to go talk to the girl over there," he grins pointing to a petite blonde. Wait, Chloe?

I sigh, then finish my drink as he walks off. I turn around, I have the sudden urge to use the bathroom. I walk upstairs, looking for an open door.

Eventually I found it, I walked in and closed the door behind me. I take a few breaths in and out, and quickly use the toilet.

I wash my hands after flushing, then walk out. A couple rushes in, pushing me. I roll my eyes, I continue to walk towards the stairs. I body bumps into me, I look up, holding onto the railing.