Getting to Know You

Kennedy's POV•
"Let's play truth or dare," Matthew said dipping his feet in the pool. I was walking around in the water covering my thighs. I had shorts on but it revealed a few scars. There was only scars now but I don't want people asking about it yet. Aaron came in the pool wearing a shirt, and black board shorts. I knew he was covering his ribs but I was going to make him a deal. Once he came to me I pulled him back a little so no one could hear us.

"Why did you get in the water so fast?" He smiled but pulled his eyebrows together.

"Same reason you're wearing a long shirt."

"Oh yeah..."

"I'll make a deal, if I show my thighs, you have to take your shirt off."

"Uhhh but," he complained.

"I guess I can just hide in the water all night," I joked.

"No, okay fine," he pulled his shirt off and threw it on the side of the pool.

"You can barely see them, it's okay," I smiled at him.

"Your turn," he smirked at me. I slid the shorts off under water and threw them with his shirt.

"You have such skinny legs!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me up the steps.

"Kennedy your thighs!" Chloe whisper shouted at me. I looked at her and smiled, she looked so confused.

We walked to the deeper side, it took us ten seconds to get to it, the pool was massive! It was pretty dark because the only light there was on the bottom of the pool.

Aaron faced me and smiled. My back was to the group and my focus was on him. We smiled at each other and it was just silence, not awkward though. I looked at his ribs and observed his body. He had a very clear outline of abs, not crazy hard but that was a good thing. I always thought that rock hard abs were a bit too much. Same with his arms and legs. I could tell he was looking at my body because when I looked at his eyes they were looking down.

He brought his eyes back to mine and we smiled. He looked at my lips and I looked at his. He noticed and took a step closer, he reached his arm out and the palm of his hand on my cheek, with his fingers under the right side of my jaw. My stomach was going crazy, he pulled my head in line with his and I didn't know what to do. I never kissed someone so I just placed my hands above his waist and leaned in. Our faces were nearly touching, they quickly separated when Matthew and Nash pushed us in the pool.

What just happened?! I lifted my head above the water and pushed my hair back. I looked around and saw Aaron shaking water out of his hair.

He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. "I'm still not used to the water," I laughed.

"Yeah neither," he added.

Everyone made their way over to us and Chloe pulled me away to talk.

"Kennedy!" She smiled.

"What?" I smiled back.

"You and Aaron were gonna kiss?!" She screamed and I playfully hit her arm.

"I don't know, I think so?" I shrugged.

"Kennedy you've never kissed anyone!" She yelled, drawing attention.

"Chloe, shut up!" I face palmed.

"It's exciting," she says.

"Yeah it is, we need alone time so we don't get interrupted," I rolled my eyes.

"Guys come on, we're playing truth or dare," Matthew said waving at us to come over.