Chapter 54

Matt's POV

I opened my eyes and looked at the time, 7.49am. I looked over at Ana, she was still sleeping and as usual I had to pull the blankets back up over her.

I sat up, I needed to move. We were leaving for Australia tomorrow and I had so much to organise.

I went and had a shower and got dressed. I had actually brought some stuff over here from home because over the last week I'd spent more time here than there.

I got my key's and went over to Ana and kissed her softly.

"Babe, I'm going." I whispered.

She opened her eye's and looked at me. "Will you be back?"

"Yes, tonight is just about you and me, ok?" I told her.

Over the last few days we'd spent alot of time with other people, the guys, my parents and Ana's parents, and not much time for us.

She nodded her head.

"I'll leave from here in the morning." I kissed her again.

"Okay." she murmured closing her eyes again.

I gave her one last kiss and got in my car.

I had alot to do so I got on with it.

I got just about everything done and I was packing my bags when my phone rung.

"What?" I asked.

"Dude you need to come to Zacks, we got a problem." Johnny said.

"Fuck. What?" I asked him.

"Just hurry up." and he hung up.

Damn, I was almost done here then I was going to Ana's, I really just wanted to spend tonight with her. I'd gotten her something and I wanted to give it to her as soon as I could.

"Fuck." I yelled dragging my bag downstairs and out to my car.

I locked up the house and got in and drove over to Zack's.

I walked in and they were all sitting there, including Josh.

"What's the problem?" I asked them.

"The problem is neglect Matt, your neglecting your bro's and we demand you spend time with us." Zack announced.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked " You called me over for this, I'm about to spend two weeks with you fuckwits."

"Sit down." Jimmy said shoving a beer in my hand.

"Fine, but I'm only staying for one." I said sitting down.

"We're concerned about you bro." Johnny said "You spend too much time with that woman of yours."

I looked at them. Were they serious?

"Shads, are you, you know, in love?" Jimmy said and they all burst out laughing.

"You lot are idiots." I told them.

We sat there talking and before I realised it I'd had a few beers and several shots.

Fuck. I pulled out my phone, 4 missed calls from Ana. Fuck.

The guys shoved another drink at me.

"I really gotta go." I said standing up. Fuck, I was drunk.

"Nah, one more." Brian said shoving another shot at me.

So, stupid me, I drank it and the next time I looked at the clock it was almost 9pm.

"Fuck, call me a cab." I said standing up, I was pretty drunk.

"Fine, go." Jim said and he called me a cab.

"I am in deep shit." I told them.

They were laughing as I got in the cab. This was no laughing matter, I'd  fucked up.

I got out at Ana's and walked up the steps. I took a deep breath and knocked.

The door opened almost immediately.  She looked like she'd  been crying.

"Babe, let me explain." I said to her.

"Your drunk?" she asked, shocked.

"Just a little." I slurred.

She looked at me, then looked down "You better go home Matt, sleep it off, I guess I'll see you later."

"But I'm leaving first thing, early." I told her.

She looked at me and boy did she look pissed "Well, have a great trip, and I guess I'll see you when you get back." And with that said she shut the door in my face.

"Ana" I called through the door "I'm sorry, let me in."

"Just go Matt."

I was a fucking idiot. I turned and walked down the path, then I remembered the gift I'd gotten her. I ran back up and put it on the door step.

I walked until I got a cab and I went home.

I climbed into bed angry at myself.

What the fuck had I done? The guys were right, I was in love.

Fucking idiot, I thought, then I passed out.